Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 5:31 pm

Since I joined Eharmony I've been thinking a lot. Is a Hunny really for me? Who better to ask than other Aspies in LTR's that need a lot of alone time? That's my problem - I'm used to having a lot of alone time. I've been on my own for about 11 yrs now so I'm kind of stuck in my ways. I'm used to working long hours on the weekend nights and sleeping all day Sunday ready to work Sunday night. I'm pretty much unavailable from Friday night to Monday afternoon. Monday afternoon and Monday night, I'm pretty much a couch potato trying to switch back to a normal routine and usually end up going to bed early Monday night. Throughout the week, I'll need a nap in the afternoon because I'm used to getting up in the mornings around 3am, do some things (housework or homework) then returning to bed again for about another 3-4 hours sleep. My sleep is always broken up. I also need the entire bed to sleep because I change positions often. That's the problem with just my sleep schedule.

I also eat at all different times and sometimes I just drink a protein shake. Other times, I'm either reading for an hour or two before bed or knitting for several hours. When I exercise, that takes about 2 hours of my schedule at night.

I don't know how a Hunny is going to fit into all of that. The ones I've encountered so far all work during the week and are off weekends.

For those Aspies who are married or in LTRs and need a lot of alone time, how do you fit in a Hunny? This worries me.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Last edited by nurseangela on 20 May 2017, 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 5:46 pm

Only if he loves god, clint eastwood and concealed carry.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 5:55 pm

We each have our separate pursuits in separate areas, so we have plenty of alone time.
You can sleep in separate beds.
Nothing says you have to share a bed, even if you're married.
The sex is even better when you're bed hopping.

We schedule activities together and this may seem weird but we go still go out for regular dates and it's wonderful.
I couldn't live with a clingy relationship.
Our methods seem to keep everything fresh.
It never gets stale.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 6:25 pm

Thank you, Raleigh. That information gives me hope. I'm just wondering if men would take it the wrong way of I wanted to keep my own bed. I'm thinking it's almost a necessity because I need a fan and a sound conditioner too when some need total silence. Separate beds just makes sense.

Does anyone have a problem with separate beds?

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 6:31 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
Only if he loves god, clint eastwood and concealed carry.

This is true. :mrgreen:
I did find one a year older than me that lives in Missouri, only drinks at special occasions (hopefully that isn't every day of the week), is Christian, and loves to go shooting. From his pictures it looks like he's in the armed forces (that worries me). He only has the weekends off though. He loves cats. He likes to workout too which is what I'd like to get back into since my shoulder isn't hurting as much. I'm thinking of sending a smile.

Darn, I flunked.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 8:56 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Thank you, Raleigh. That information gives me hope. I'm just wondering if men would take it the wrong way of I wanted to keep my own bed. I'm thinking it's almost a necessity because I need a fan and a sound conditioner too when some need total silence. Separate beds just makes sense.

Does anyone have a problem with separate beds?
. Thirty years of separate beds/rooms and I run a fan for white noise. I used to work shifts too.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 9:03 pm

I WANT TO SCREAM! You know what will cause me to run my Hunny right out the door and to the divorce attorney? Asking me what else I do with my time during the week since I only work weekends! A patient just asked me that question. You know what I do? Any damn thing I want to!

Darn, I flunked.