Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

21 May 2017, 9:59 am

Im an oldfaf i love old games. One of my favorite games is Dune 2000.
I still play it :D

Are there another fans of this game?

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 10:15 pm

I have the original Dune and Dune 2, both of which require the use of DosBox. Also Hyperspeed, Silent Service II, Domark's Mig-29, Mig-29M, and Armoured Fist, to list just a few.

Maybe I'm showing my age when I say this, but the games from the late 80's and early 90's were just SO much better than the "all flash but no substance" (as I like to say) games that are released now. Back then (now I'm sounding old, like Grandpa Simpson) you had to actually use your brain to reach a successful outcome, but now all you have to do is just shoot at and/or blow things up. Boring.

TudorGothicSerpent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2017, 12:52 am

I was mildly obsessed with sandworms for some reason when I was a kid, so I really loved Dune. Even the weird as hell David Lynch movie. Dune 2000 was one of my favorite games.

Stormkeeper2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jun 2017, 10:11 pm

I have CD versions of Dune, Dune II, Dune 2000, and Emperor: Battle for Dune. Guess I'm a bit of a fan xD

Coincidentally, you can actually play it partially via OpenRA, as you can download some of the assets via the client, though if you can find the ISOs for the game (C&C Gold and Red Alert, both minus the mission packs are free now, along with Tiberian Sun with Firestorm), then you can mount them and get the remaining assets that way too.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 4:19 am

I remember playing a lot of the Genesis/Megadrive game as a kid; the music stays with me to this day.

FelineWizard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jul 2017, 6:01 am

Dune is one of those things that I really really like. Played Dune 2000 and it's sequel: Emperor battle for Dune.
Watched the movie and read the first novel. Love the indepth universe Frank herbert has created. Harkonnen are the best house

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 6:57 am

Aside from briefly trying OpenRA's version, which I doubt is faithful to the original game, I've never really played Dune 2000. That said, I've played the crap out of Dune II, the game it remade. It's primitive compared to newer RTS games, sure, but I like it. It almost feels more like a tower defense game with units than a "normal" RTS.

If Dune II had multiplayer, I'd be all over it.