finding matches on dating sites, how people do it?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:48 pm

I wonder if some people only really look at women or men that the site recommends as potential matches like on Okcupid. Or if its just as common for people to browse their area for people near enough to meet IRL, look through profiles and then message the ones they are interested in. Or apparently with that Tinder site there is this swipe right or left deal, but I would imagine they have an option to just browse nearby profiles with setting your own specifications, but all I hear about that website is swiping right or left. So does no one use that method on there or what?

What are your thoughts on this, and how have you gone about it?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 3:37 pm

Quote:
What are your thoughts on this, and how have you gone about it?

It's a total sausage fest, and the only working tactic for a male on a dating site, is to go for whoever says yes and sees if she's compatible in person.

The picking thing you're talking about as in "to browse their area for people near enough to meet IRL, look through profiles and then message the ones they are interested in" is a female privilege due to your rarity on dating apps.

It has been confirmed many times, that guys swipe right on almost all women, then they narrow it down among the matches; you may think it's desperate, but if you think of the fact that women (who are the minority group like any other dating app) only swipe right 14% of the guys then the guys' tactic of swiping all makes sense.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 4:19 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It's a total sausage fest, and the only working tactic for a male on a dating site, is to go for whoever says yes and sees if she's compatible in person.

The picking thing you're talking about as in "to browse their area for people near enough to meet IRL, look through profiles and then message the ones they are interested in" is a female privilege due to your rarity on dating apps.

It has been confirmed many times, that guys swipe right on almost all women, then they narrow it down among the matches; you may think it's desperate, but if you think of the fact that women (who are the minority group like any other dating app) only swipe right 14% of the guys then the guys' tactic of swiping all makes sense.

Well I really need to make a fake male profile, and search for 'women near me' lol to put this theory to test. But either way still wondering how many guys try browsing women in their area instead of matches or swiping on Tinder or in addition even if it doesn't have a high success rate. I don't think its desperate to swipe right on all the females per say...but I would certainly recommend looking through their profile before meeting them in person to make sure you have some interest.