Should hand dryers in restrooms be outlawed?

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 7:57 am

They are so loud. Paper towel dispensers are better. Hand dryers should be removed.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 8:10 am

They should be outlawed and the inventor should be put in prison. Same goes for leaf blowers.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:05 am

No, because they are better for the environment. They make quieter, energy efficient models also. I seen them at hospitals and you put your hand inside, instead of under.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 11:24 am

I'm not sure if they should be outlawed, but they definitely should be quieter and I would appreciate it if the option of paper towels was always available.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 10:21 pm

yes, i always use the paper towels. if no paper towels, then toilet paper. if no toilet paper, then i bring my own.

hand dryers are so loud.

a couple months ago, i was on the toilet when some dude came in, talking to himself "got them females with long fingernails and high heels. do you understand me?". and i felt guilty that he had to wait for me. and i felt anxious, b/c some precious lil "people" bang impatiently on the door. and i felt annoyed b/c he was so loud. and i gave up the toilet, just b/c i did not want to put up with him.

and then he had the nerve to tell me he turned on the hand dryer for me.

what was that, a personal favor? turning on the hand dryer for me?

seriously. some precious lil "people" truly see themselves as morally innocent, entitled, awesome, cool, smart, wise, perfect.
:roll:

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 11:16 pm

No. They should make them quieter. Right now, I just wipe my hands in my shirt. But other people use them, and they are better for the environment.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 11:20 pm

NewTime wrote:
They are so loud. Paper towel dispensers are better. Hand dryers should be removed.

Paper dispensers allow for tons more paper waste...if they were all made of biodegradable hemp that would be fine but its just tons of trash. Sure they are loud but it reduces waste. And people always grab excessive amounts of paper in the bathroom. Like 2-5 paper towels aren't enough they need 10, and half the roll of toilet paper for one trip to the bathroom. I do like the electronic paper towel machines that will only dispense one paper towel per hand wave in front of it...that way makes it more hassley for people to grab tons of paper towels so kind of deters them I notice. They should do that with the toilet paper...though it should give a fairly liberal amount in case you have to leave a huge poop(taking one is gross of course lol).

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 2:45 am

Paper towel dispensers run out of paper towels. People grab too many and just waste them sometimes. They should just make/stock restrooms with quieter hand dryers. Also, minding the acoustics of restrooms would help.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 May 2017, 3:36 am

I like em. Most people are not bothered by the noise they make so they will not be outlawed. I wish the bathroom at the laundromat had em. They used to have papertowels but homeless people kept taking them all so now the bathroom has nothing. I understand why the guy quit stocking papertowels but I wish he would replace it with a handdryer.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 4:20 am

how on earth can you make enough blowing-force to effectively dry hands and not be loud?

i don't care about the noise, and sure they save paper, but they're not a whole lot cleaner. pathogens can easily get thrown about.

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
what was that, a personal favor? turning on the hand dryer for me?

seriously. some precious lil "people" truly see themselves as morally innocent, entitled, awesome, cool, smart, wise, perfect.
:roll:

it's odd, but i'm pretty sure he was just trying to be nice. nothing more.

Sweetleaf wrote:
They should do that with the toilet paper...though it should give a fairly liberal amount in case you have to leave a huge poop(taking one is gross of course lol).

not so sure about replacing something that can't easily break with something that can. :P

we should all just use bidets.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 4:28 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
how on earth can you make enough blowing-force to effectively dry hands and not be loud?

Well, some guns have silencers and can still shoot, so I'm sure they can come up with something to quiet hand dryers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 4:38 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
NewTime wrote:

Paper dispensers allow for tons more paper waste...if they were all made of biodegradable hemp that would be fine but its just tons of trash. Sure they are loud but it reduces waste. And people always grab excessive amounts of paper in the bathroom. Like 2-5 paper towels aren't enough they need 10, and half the roll of toilet paper for one trip to the bathroom. I do like the electronic paper towel machines that will only dispense one paper towel per hand wave in front of it...that way makes it more hassley for people to grab tons of paper towels so kind of deters them I notice. They should do that with the toilet paper...though it should give a fairly liberal amount in case you have to leave a huge poop(taking one is gross of course lol).

Paper towels go into a waste basket under the dispenser and are collected into a plastic bag and those bags are sent to recycling centers. Places don't have hand blowers because they're worried about the environment. They have them to save money on paper towels.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 May 2017, 4:53 am

EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
NewTime wrote:

Paper towels go into a waste basket under the dispenser and are collected into a plastic bag and those bags are sent to recycling centers. Places don't have hand blowers because they're worried about the environment. They have them to save money on paper towels.
They got thrown into the trash at the 3 places I worked but that area doesn't even do city recycling; they just have garbage trucks pick up every 1s trash & recyclables & take everything to the dump.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 5:16 am

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the logic here. Outlawing hand dryers simply because they're unbearably noisy for a select few people?

I actually prefer hand dryers over paper towels, oddly enough. I like the sensation of the hot air blowing against my skin - not so much that of a paper towel rubbing against it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 8:08 am

There are more loud noises that bother me than hand-dryers. I like hand-dryers. They save cleaners the job of having to keep stocking up on hand towels every day, and companies having very small budget for providing enough hand towels and then the cleaners getting the blame for it.

I'm a cleaner myself, and I'd say part of my job will be easier if there was more hand-dryers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 8:28 am

Paper towels are wasteful.
On a weird note ,I can't get the electric dryers to come on half the time.Ive tried holding my hand under them,waving it etc...The motion sensor or whatever dosent seem to acknowledge my presence.