Jupiter in Virgo, The Revelaton 12 Alignment

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 8:14 am

Trigger warning for pundits --
This contains censored images of outer space, and interpretations of one of the strangest books of the Bible, so definitely goes in the "weird thing they found at the bottom of the lake" category.

Christians should consider datesetting risky. It's offered for general interest.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 5:07 pm

Can we get some reassurance that the apocalypse isn't going to happen for once? Can we get some proof that we'll have plenty of years of life on Earth left? First it's predicted the end begins in August 21st of this year, then same time September of this year, then the tribulation that's supposed to start in October of this year, then something bad to happen on May 31st of this year, and now I'm supposed to believe that some rogue planet that NASA ought to have identified by now, but proven it doesn't exist is going to slam into the Earth and kill everyone, "The End."?

Ooh, I'm soooo scared.

I have apocalypse fatigue.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 3:10 pm

For those, who like to fixate on numbers, the celestial conception reportedly began 3333 days from the first blood moon tetrad. (Another contentious, prophetic fad.) And, it would end a Jubilee year (numbered 5777), when all debts would be canceled. People find mathematical coincidences in equidistant letter skips, in all different languages, which, to me, sounds very autistic. I think of it as a digital, reverse-speech sort of phenomenon. Materialistically speaking, it is all superstitious. But, I believe it is harmless, to play with words and numbers, so long as we stay well-grounded in objectivity.

"...take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."
-- from Luke 21

If I had been overcharged with surfeiting and drunkenness, at least, I might be feeling some of that escapism, early.For the cares of this life, I have gotten some volcanic ulcers, just over the last couple of days. (No offense intended, toward present company.) I should really de-stress, from politics, etc. Although I am sometimes flashy and come across as aggressive, I am not prone to fits of temper. I have been bottling it up. Before I take a break, though...

The Christian mainstream believes in what is called Imminency, that it could happen at any moment. Although there are all different opinions, which are hotly debated amongst fundies and atheistic poseurs, it is customarily taught, that we are supposed to watch for the general season, but not know the specific day and hour. You are not supposed forget (ie. "go to sleep"), become a bad or boorish person.

People say the Rapture is a modern interpretation, which does not make it right or wrong. If it is true, it doesn't really matter, when it was first realized, imo.

But, to the best of my understanding, it was miraculous sort-of phenomenon, that was accepted by the early Church.

I am by no means irreproachable, but for those with an academic interest --
http://www.raptureready.com

I would normally be willing to discuss different ideas, but it's really been awhile, since I've taken some downtime. I need to take better care of myself. If Sept 23 and 24 go by, uneventfully, I will not be making any apologies, for any false prophet, ever. If you were watching, and the numbers were meaningful, it requires nothing more of you that to be contrite. Don't send me all your money. Don't make me famous. Don't punish yourself. Do the right thing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 6:51 pm

As Martin Luther once observed:
"I'll live like tomorrow is the last day, but I'll still plant apple trees."

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 7:09 pm

Oh great another date setter for the end times. :roll: Because even though people have tried, and failed countless times here comes another one saying he has the date. (when will people learn to stop doing this?) No, really I got it this time, ignore the people behind me who were wrong. They didn't have their math right or didn't have the insight I do. watch Aug. 21 will come and go, and nothing will happen.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 7:35 pm

These things come and go with nothing happening and it's so disappointing.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 7:52 pm

As the two posters above said: they've been crying wolf every eight weeks for that last 2000 years.

The moment they take a hiatus from crying wolf....GASP!... THAT will be ominous, because then we will know that the wolf really IS at the door! But that might millions of years from now.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 10:10 pm

Hey, what about the Y2K millennium bug apocalypse? Whatever happened to those who were SURE that the "Mayan calendar" (articles about this were often accompanied by a picture of the AZTEC Stone of the Fifth Sun - idiots!) predicted the end in 2012?

(sound of crickets chirping)

Please, enough with this silly B.S. Life is too short to waste on worrying about patently moronic nonsense like this.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 10:19 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
People find mathematical coincidences in equidistant letter skips, in all different languages, which, to me, sounds very autistic.

What the... ? I'm tempted to click on the "Report" button. You do realise, don't you, where you actually are.

On to other things, your belief in the coming doom is utterly without foundation. I always thought the Red Dragon of Revelation was supposed to symbolise Communist China, with the "woman with the crown of twelve stars" symbolising the European Union. It's all bad fiction of course (the person who wrote that book was hallucinating from the strange drugs he ingested), so you shouldn't take it at all seriously.

Nothing will happen, I promise. We will all still be here in 2018. I will hold you to account when the year is over, and you are trying to rationalise yet one more failed prediction.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 11:22 pm

Lintar wrote:
friedmacguffins wrote:
People find mathematical coincidences in equidistant letter skips, in all different languages, which, to me, sounds very autistic.

What the... ? I'm tempted to click on the "Report" button. You do realise, don't you, where you actually are.

On to other things, your belief in the coming doom is utterly without foundation. I always thought the Red Dragon of Revelation was supposed to symbolise Communist China, with the "woman with the crown of twelve stars" symbolising the European Union. It's all bad fiction of course (the person who wrote that book was hallucinating from the strange drugs he ingested), so you shouldn't take it at all seriously.

Nothing will happen, I promise. We will all still be here in 2018. I will hold you to account when the year is over, and you are trying to rationalise yet one more failed prediction.

Most legitimate theologians agree that Revelation is for the most part about the persecution of the church in the 1st century, at the hands of both Roman civil authorities, and Jewish religious leaders. The bizarre imagery had been borrowed from Persian apocalyptic writing, so as to avoid charges of treason.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 4:20 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Lintar wrote:
friedmacguffins wrote:

Most legitimate theologians agree that Revelation is for the most part about the persecution of the church in the 1st century, at the hands of both Roman civil authorities, and Jewish religious leaders. The bizarre imagery had been borrowed from Persian apocalyptic writing, so as to avoid charges of treason.

Oh sure take all the fun out of it. I want to watch it rain blood and frogs.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 12:38 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Lintar wrote:
friedmacguffins wrote:

Oh sure take all the fun out of it. I want to watch it rain blood and frogs.

As bizarre natural events do sometimes - but still do - occur, you don't need Revelation to enjoy that. :lol:

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2017, 11:31 pm

The "red dragon" in these videos is not some kind of stellar anomaly, it's the planet Saturn. The "smile" is one of its ring systems.

And Jupiter will not be in Virgo this September, it will be in Libra. So... No. This whole thread is silly.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 10:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Lintar wrote:
friedmacguffins wrote:

That makes sense. The very idea of a supernatural conflict between Good and Evil comes from Zoroastrianism anyway.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 11:38 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
... I believe it is harmless, to play with words and numbers, so long as we stay well-grounded in objectivity.

Kraichgauer wrote:
As Martin Luther once observed:
"I'll live like tomorrow is the last day, but I'll still plant apple trees."

There you go, same here. Things such as "Bible Codes" (aside from being used as predictions) give me intriguing things to ponder, but I must still eat, sleep, brush my teeth and wash my butt daily.