Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 10:04 am

Finally an answer: Bad boys (sociopaths) have very big egos and lots of self-confidence - even worse, if you add a little more than a just lick of intelligence to the sociopath, you get a rather "charming" psychopath. When a woman sees or "senses" a self-confident male, she sees "protection" but in the animal sense. Protection makes women feel sexually safe but in no way, shape, or form are they safe with sociopaths. That's why good girls go for bad boys. Another tool a sociopath uses to control a woman if he can't seem to make her feel safe, is a "place". He keeps on putting her in that "place" so he can control and take advantage of her. That place can be a church, an organization, a gang, some sort of group, etc... Use your imagination. Socio's got a lot of tricks up their sleeves. It's 2017, we're not back in 50,000 b.c. to where we have to sniff out a confident male to protect us and besides, it's would NOT even be that male that protects you, it would be the harem that you're just a part of. Never underestimate a tried and true friend. Never sacrifice her for a guy and his pee-pee. It will lead to :skull: If you want love :heart: , consider that awkward guy who blushes around you and makes an idiot of himself. Unattractiveness is a thing you can get used to. After a while, you won't even notice. Leave the sociopaths to the other sociopaths. Perhaps they will reciprocally kill each other.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:46 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Finally an answer: Bad boys (sociopaths) have very big egos and lots of self-confidence - even worse, if you add a little more than a just lick of intelligence to the sociopath, you get a rather "charming" psychopath. When a woman sees or "senses" a self-confident male, she sees "protection" but in the animal sense. Protection makes women feel sexually safe but in no way, shape, or form are they safe with sociopaths. That's why good girls go for bad boys. Another tool a sociopath uses to control a woman if he can't seem to make her feel safe, is a "place". He keeps on putting her in that "place" so he can control and take advantage of her. That place can be a church, an organization, a gang, some sort of group, etc... Use your imagination. Socio's got a lot of tricks up their sleeves. It's 2017, we're not back in 50,000 b.c. to where we have to sniff out a confident male to protect us and besides, it's would NOT even be that male that protects you, it would be the harem that you're just a part of. Never underestimate a tried and true friend. Never sacrifice her for a guy and his pee-pee. It will lead to :skull: If you want love :heart: , consider that awkward guy who blushes around you and makes an idiot of himself. Unattractiveness is a thing you can get used to. After a while, you won't even notice. Leave the sociopaths to the other sociopaths. Perhaps they will reciprocally kill each other.

I think people have dangerously stereotypical ideas of what a "good guy" and "bad boy" actually look like. While a person with anti-social personality disorder might be more likely to have tattoos and piercings and associated with a biker gang than a clean cut guy who wears slacks and penny loafers, it's often impossible to determine on sight weather or not someone is a sociopath or psychopath. I've known a number of men who, from the outset, look like "tough guys" who you wouldn't want to run into in a dark alley, but are actually nice, caring, peaceful, loyal people, and I've known a few clean cut "shy guys" who had a lot of anti-social traits.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 1:44 am

Nice Guys threads count: 1,000,0002

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 1:28 pm

You're oversimplifying things. Sociopaths look nice from the outside, they come over as charming and caring, but they slowly isolate and destroy a person. Once they've cut her off from her friends and family and made her dependent on him it's too late. She realises what he is and she's alone.

You'll find that it's often women who lack self confidence who end up with these guys. They've flattered that this man has actually taken an interest in them. Afterall, they keep getting told that "if a guy likes you, you'll know about it" This is the first guy who's really made an effort with her. She is bowled over and falls for him.

It's happened to friends of mine. They didn't realise what they were getting into. They are now divorced.

Maybe if the shy guys had shown some interest this wouldn't have happened.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 3:24 pm

The answer for shy guys then is to distribute more hugs & be vocal. Girls get ahead of themselves too, we should all stay in the habit of calling that out.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 4:53 pm

Chronos wrote:
...it's often impossible to determine on sight weather or not someone is a sociopath or psychopath.

*whether.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2017, 9:30 am

Sociopaths also come in a dependent/needy/seemingly vulnerable and passive variety that appeal to maternal/caring feelings. I'd say this is a more deadly variety because they seem so harmless. They still use manipulation and control to the max, narcissistic conversation techniques that confuse their partners, gaslighting and all that horrible stuff.

Their sense of entitlement is huge and they don't feel guilty about their parasitic lifestyles. Maybe it sounds a bit more like a female sociopath, but there are guys like that too. They seek out strong, capable women who on the other hand are caring, nurturing, but also... naive and with hidden vulnerabilities that can be later exploited.

They don't seem like bad boys at all, more like this shy, cute and slightly lost person who needs healing/looking after.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 12:16 pm

I'm not exactly sure how / why the OP equates "bad boy" with "Sociopath"----when I think of a "bad boy", "Johnny", from "Dirty Dancing", comes-to-mind, and he, IMO, was, maybe, the OPPOSITE of a Sociopath, and very like the "bad boys" I've experienced, in that they "present" themselves as tough, because they are anything, but confident in themselves. I'd take a "bad boy" like Johnny, any day of the week, and twice on Sundays, cuz they're often pussy-cats, underneath, and know how to genuinely treat / respect a woman / others.

Conversely, IME, the "good guys" are more often the Sociopaths----having HUGE egos, and presenting themselves as good / confident, with an ulterior motive, to use and abuse.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 12:57 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
I'm not exactly sure how / why the OP equates "bad boy" with "Sociopath"----when I think of a "bad boy", "Johnny", from "Dirty Dancing", comes-to-mind, and he, IMO, was, maybe, the OPPOSITE of a Sociopath, and very like the "bad boys" I've experienced, in that they "present" themselves as tough, because they are anything, but confident in themselves. I'd take a "bad boy" like Johnny, any day of the week, and twice on Sundays, cuz they're often pussy-cats, underneath, and know how to genuinely treat / respect a woman / others.

Conversely, IME, the "good guys" are more often the Sociopaths----having HUGE egos, and presenting themselves as good / confident, with an ulterior motive, to use and abuse.

I suspect the time I got drugged at a bar, where I was having a couple beers and then going to meet my sister at her work to cut my hair was a 'clean cut' type. Just glad I was planning to meet my sister, to cut my hair...otherwise who knows what may have happened. But yeah he was the only one in the bar that took notice of me, gave me a compliment(cant remember what) then went off somewhere else. Everyone else was like already in their groups of friends and such so its unlikely any of them were the culprit.

I wouldn't trust a clean cut, nice appearance as an indication someone is a genuinely good individual, without alterior motives. And I wouldn't trust a rougher, non clean cut appearance as an indication someone is a genuinely bad individual with alterior motives. Also as for sociopaths yes they can lack empathy and things, but they aren't all bad either some of them make a point not to mistreat others, and learn about socializing appropriately.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 7:25 pm

Chronos wrote:
I think people have dangerously stereotypical ideas of what a "good guy" and "bad boy" actually look like. While a person with anti-social personality disorder might be more likely to have tattoos and piercings and associated with a biker gang than a clean cut guy who wears slacks and penny loafers, it's often impossible to determine on sight weather or not someone is a sociopath or psychopath. I've known a number of men who, from the outset, look like "tough guys" who you wouldn't want to run into in a dark alley, but are actually nice, caring, peaceful, loyal people, and I've known a few clean cut "shy guys" who had a lot of anti-social traits.

Notorious killers have led perfectly normal lives and been well-liked by peers.

You really can't judge these books by their covers. It's in the best interests of someone with legitimately bad intentions not to stick out like a sore thumb - they may look like trouble, or they may look harmless. Friendly, clean-cut types may be just that, or not.

Everyone thinks that what they're doing is right and justified, even if it's harmful (they wouldn't be doing it if they didn't most likely). "Good" can be good in only one person's eyes, or genuinely empathetic and benevolent.

Any type of "non-normal" brain is not well understood and has many media myths and stereotypes. Doesn't matter if it's autistic or a psychopath.

stream26
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jun 2017, 7:19 am

Women like the idea of the bad boy persona...they equate "bad boy" with good times.

But women that really are involved with bad boys are most likely scratching their heads wondering when those good times are going to begin.

And women that submit to this treatment willingly ...well they are the same ones that are building that dungeon in their basement for their "bad boy" should he ever decide to leave.... (OK I watch Criminal Minds way too much)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 10:54 am

^ :lmao:

I guess some people can reconcile & get on down with their bad selves.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 1:10 pm

I liked someone relitively recently that some of my friends pegged as a bad boy, which isn't entirely fair because he has a lot of good qualities and I found him quite encouraging to talk to. He's not a sociopath, but he is immature and filled with angst. I could relate to the angstiness and I thought that maybe someone who doesn't measure up to whatever my friends decide is "good" would actually be more accepting of the real me. Maybe my self esteem was low at the time. Anyway, I feel like we equally messed each other around because we are both the same kind of broken.

Does that make him a bad boy? Does that make me bad? I don't think so, I think that we are just both human and just trying to do our best and it didn't really work out.

People can't generally be labelled bad and good.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 9:40 am

I have noticed that it is very rare that two nice, like-minded people get together. Usually there is a combination of nice girl/bad boy or nice guy/mean girl. If two like-minded people get together, it tends to be two equally contentious people who get into loud, screaming, sometimes physical fights.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 10:06 am

Listen to "Leader of the Pack" by the Shangri-Las---a prime example of a "vulnerable bad boy." He was so vulnerable that the died in a motorcycle crash. The girlfriend saw all through this "bad boy's" vulnerability. And she suffered because of it.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 11:48 am

IstominFan wrote:
I have noticed that it is very rare that two nice, like-minded people get together. Usually there is a combination of nice girl/bad boy or nice guy/mean girl. If two like-minded people get together, it tends to be two equally contentious people who get into loud, screaming, sometimes physical fights.

I believe it's only the black & white thinking that starts fights.