Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

13quant13
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jul 2017, 9:26 am

MagicKnight wrote:
I know how this may sound ridiculous to everyone but last episode (eleven) caused me a very odd sensation. I felt like it might have altered my consciousness! I'm not joking. I watched to this episode three times in a row, first time I ever did this, and the sensation lasted until I fell asleep. Amazing!

Well, I just felt I should post this but I knew how far-fetched it would sound so anonymity comes in handy.

Episode 11 was one of my all-time favorites! It had a little bit of everything. I agree with what I saw someone say, though... the conversation between Hawk and the Log Lady sounded like a final one. In advance, in the event that Hawk dies, I am calling this an acceptable moment to shed a tear to. Deputy Hawk and Major Briggs were my two favorite characters.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2017, 9:30 am

13quant13 wrote:
Episode 11 was one of my all-time favorites! It had a little bit of everything. I agree with what I saw someone say, though... the conversation between Hawk and the Log Lady sounded like a final one. In advance, in the event that Hawk dies, I am calling this an acceptable moment to shed a tear to. Deputy Hawk and Major Briggs were my two favorite characters.

Yes, ep. eleven must have been my favourite episode this far as well but I've probably been thinking the same of nearly every episode. The Log Lady's talk really strikes me as the last one too but we may be wrong.

Is it just me or does Hawk look like getting impatient (to say the least) at the Lady in every new call? He appears to me as if he's about to yell "hey Margaret if you have anything important to say please cut the crap. I'm in a meeting and I'm a police officer, there's a lot to do here". Maybe this impatience mirrors that of some people in the audience as well, even if not the intention. :lol:

This is the episode I watched the most in the whole series, both from the original and new installments - and I couldn't get enough of it yet. The most amazing thing about it is that time really flies while I watch it, maybe that's why I keep coming back to it. I reckon I've watched it thirteen times yet. I don't think I ever watched to any other series episodes that many times. I'm not used to rewatch things. The feature-length film I watched the most would be Fight Club around the twenty rewatches mark, yet, the second most rewatched may be around three.

EDIT: I think the second most rewatched would have been "2001" (Kubrick), only about five times, even though I like it way more than Fight Club.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 7:12 pm

This was easily my favourite episode next to episode 3.
There was enough of everything in it and the pace was just fine.
The woodsman scene... :o

Also, do you think Coop will ever return to his normal self?
It looks like Lynch is happy to carry on his side-arc of "The misadventures of Dougie Jones"
And in a weird way I kind of like it haha!

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2017, 7:33 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
This was easily my favourite episode next to episode 3.
There was enough of everything in it and the pace was just fine.
The woodsman scene... :o

Also, do you think Coop will ever return to his normal self?
It looks like Lynch is happy to carry on his side-arc of "The misadventures of Dougie Jones"
And in a weird way I kind of like it haha!

I dont know about Coop. Maybe not but we got a whole new show stuffed with new characters anyway. I like it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 4:11 am

Well this season has concluded and I really don't know what to think. I'm not sure if I liked it or if I want 18 hours of my life back. Pretty much it's been comprised of memorable scenes, while the season as a whole was a mishmash of loose ends and a surrealistic "plot". Which is typical wtf did I just watch David Lynch.

One funny thing for me is there's a certain house, Laura Palmer's house, that's featured very prominently in the original series, the movie and at the end of this season. I finally decided to track down its location and it's in a nearby neighborhood I've walked through many times. Most likely right past that house several times without it registering. (It's not in Monroe like imdb says it is). I'll have to take my own pic next time I'm in the area.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2017, 10:04 am

I have similar feelings. It felt like that David Lynch made two endings: one that the fans wanted and one that he wanted. I'd have preferred it if episode 17 had been the actual finale rather than what we actually got. I'm glad it was brought back and it was quite good at times but I still feel that it left something to be desired as a whole.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2017, 12:37 pm

If I had to sum it up in a few words, I'd say I love the show.
However, what I'm feeling is too complex to fit a handful of words.
I am having these mixed feelings.

I'd like to come here and have a positive discussion with fellow fans but from what I see happening online, people are in a very agitated state.
They are being overzealous, irrational, dismissive and aggressive towards others.
As much as I don't have friends in real life to discuss this, the internet isn't the best option either right now.

I just took it off my chest. Thank you all.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 3:35 pm

I thoroughly looked forward to every new episode.
not many shows/things do that to me.

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Sep 2017, 4:55 pm

Well I am a fan of Lynch and I like weird stuff but this is a bit too out there. I loved the original twin peaks as it was weird but it did at least have a story but the return just leaves too many questions. There's so much going on that just isn't explained or even tied in to the rest of it. That said I stuck it out and watched it all as like I say, I like weird stuff but It just could of been a lot better. Oh well maybe there will be another sequel, who knows and I'm sure I'll watch it if there is.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.