Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2017, 4:27 pm

I am having a bit of an issue at the moment, an issue which is getting more cringey and worse to cope with by the day. Since my girlfriend disclosed to me recently about the reality of her parent's break up I have become slightly obsessed by her family and more specifically her Mum. It isn't a true interest, more that I can't stop thinking about the information I don't have about her family.
Basically, it turns out that my girlfriend's dad was cheating on her Mum before they broke up, and has since moved in with his bit on the side and has married her.
I think my feelings of almost interest-y admiration is streaming from the fact that I feel very sorry for her Mum, but also admire her strength. I am so angry at her Dad and very protective of her family due to what her dad did.
I feel like my need to know more, which is a foundation of a lot of my main interests, is fueling this situation and I don't know how best to proceed.
I feel it is unfair to keep talking to my girlfriend about her family when she isn't able to tell me about it due to her own feelings, but at the same time I feel I need to know more information. I don't know how to deal with it all, how to differentiate between my thoughts and my admiration for her mum as a 'character' figure rather than who she is. I want things to be normal but my stupid ASD mind won't let me see the situation as a reality rather than as a good story that I want to learn more about.
How can I help this situation get better and less awkward.
thanks in advance

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 6:02 pm

I had a special interest with a guy who was in my college programme. He seemed really sweet and quiet at first, but it turned out that he wasn't that sweet at all. I finally let go of a grudge that I was holding against him last January.

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 5:23 am

I know this feeling so well. I don't know what to do; I just try not to annoy or unnerve anyone and wait for it to pass. Sorry if that's not helpful.