Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

CarloAutism1999
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2017, 2:03 pm

Has anyone besides me ever been bullied during your school life when people say something like Chucky is real? :(

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 2:58 pm

Do you mean people think that you actually believe Chucky exists? Like they are insulting your intelligence or something?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 3:47 pm

Chucky didn't exist when I went to school.

Just ignore those idiots.

I used to get bullied. I have found that the best way to offset the bullies, usually, is to just ignore them.

Unless you can think of a snappy comeback.

And don't do anybody's homework!

CarloAutism1999
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2017, 4:45 pm

slw1990 wrote:
Do you mean people think that you actually believe Chucky exists? Like they are insulting your intelligence or something?

Yes. :(

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 8:53 pm

CarloAutism1999 wrote:
slw1990 wrote:

Yes. :(

Kids use to do that to me too when I was in school. Even now there are some people that ask me things like who drives me to work like they don't think I'm not intelligent enough to know how to drive or something.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 3:33 pm

You've done better than I've done.

I didn't get my drivers license until I was 37. You're 11 years ahead of me already.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 12:16 am

On time about 15 years ago, a woman who was in my college programme had the nerve to ask a friend of mine if she was my caregiver. I was very pissed off at her. I've always been quite independent.

Stoic0209
Raven
Raven

25 May 2017, 7:10 am

I was homeschooled, which helped a lot, though I did get bullied in college, of all places.

People don't really change much. :D They thought twice after I tutored them in Biochemistry and Calculus.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:38 am

Stoic0209 wrote:
I was homeschooled, which helped a lot, though I did get bullied in college, of all places.

People don't really change much. :D They thought twice after I tutored them in Biochemistry and Calculus.

Congrats to you!

I was bullied by a few peers while I was in Grade School, but then more subtly -- mostly just laughed at, mocked and such -- by others for many years. None of them ever ended up coming to me for anything, but I have out-lived almost all of them.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 12:57 pm

Chucky as in the killer doll? Of course he exists because I have seen the actual toy for it from the movie. Also they could also mean there are killers out there who do kill out of cold blood. :wink:

But yeah I was picked on in school a lot and kids also liked to make things up and lie to me and expect me to believe their stories like water tasting like candy or telling me they own every single toy in the world or that we were having slugs for lunch. And the thing is I didn't always know they were being mean to me and I don't even know if I took any playful teasing as meanness like I did in the 7th grade. My mom would just hide it from me if I didn't notice but instead she would say it was time to go or we were going somewhere so we had to go home and we would go somewhere. They also used to sometimes give me one of their snacks but not tell me they had done something to it and they would wait for me to consume it and then they would laugh and tell me what they had done to it and then go telling it to the other kids about it. That taught me trust issues and then I would refuse to take anything from another kid unless I saw them take it fresh out of the package and handing it to me. A girl at my new school tried to have me take a drug she gave me but I had no idea what it was and I didn't see other girls consuming it so I showed it to a teacher and the girl got suspended because it was a drug. I just didn't trust her because of what I had gone through in my other school.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 5:19 am

I have never been bullied by children in my grade because they are strangely scared of me. As in they think I'm abnormally intelligent to an intimidating degree. Additionally, I have never been much of a part of the social structure of the grade (only a couple of friends), so I am not a 'political' target (people target those they see as a threat, either within their group or from rival groups). Finally, extensive verbal abuse from my parents since I was very young (calling me heartless/selfish/unkind etc.) has made me paranoid that I am being unintentionally mean, so I try my very best to be kind to everyone. I don't think I have any enemies. Everybody says I am 'sweet' etc., so no bullying. :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 2:26 pm

I was bullied during my grade school and middle school years. Not only was I one of the "weird kids", I was also one of the "fat kids."

Ignore anyone {including teachers} at your school who tries to give you a hard time.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2017, 7:08 pm

I was bullied in elementary school. My whole class would scream that I had AIDS and make a point to avoid touching anything I had in a loud way. It was a time when AIDS was new combined with kids being cruel. So somehow that was how it was. I have AIDS so don't touch me or my chairs or anything. But if you do it's OK just burn the item and will not get sick. This theory spread very quickly.

In high school well I went to one that is very close to Columbine. So honestly I think people were a little afraid to mess with me especially since by that time I had adopted the Gothic all black look those shooters had.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 12:33 am

I've always been in special schools for kids with autism. Higher functioning kids have picked on me before. That's what kids do.

ELance
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2017, 3:35 am

When I was young, the young men said to me mean words. You write they think you are slow; they said I seemed stoned, for they reckoned I spake slow.