Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 3:35 pm

I have a question. Why would anybody tell you that they really know you cuz they lived with her? This was my sister that told me, she said she knows me cuz we lived together around 20 years. Before 2013, we didn't live together for 25 years, ALOT of changed, I didn't know I had Asperger back then. Why is she doing this to me? She acting like my mom not my sister. I wonder if all her medications is messing with her head. When we lived together the last time, she didn't know about my panic attacks & my hyperventilated, she didn't know alot more things. I wish I can break away from her. I have another question; can you know someone as a sister, but don't know them as an Asperger person?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 3:41 pm

Yep...you can "know somebody as a sister."

I wish my brother "knew me as a brother."

F10ona1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2017, 4:06 pm

This sounds like a difficult situation for you. She might think she knows you 'as a sister'. But if you've been keeping your autism and your anxiety hidden, then I'm guessing there will be a lot she doesn't know about you. How would it be if you explained those things to her?

I think some people with big personalities, don't take enough time to really understand others. For example; People often talk over me, and don't wait to hear what I have to say, because I hesitate a lot when I speak.

Maybe you could tell her that she doesn't know you as well as she thinks she does, and see what her reaction is?