Congressional candidate allegedly body slams reporter

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 4:56 am

I don't know much about current politics in England, but I would resist the urge to only compare her to Thatcher. There are more women in politics than Thatcher, May and Hillary.

I don't think that the behaviour of this candidate and Trump represent the behaviour of all men. Just a certain type of man that seems to be in Vogue in the States.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 7:49 am

androbot01 wrote:
I don't know much about current politics in England, but I would resist the urge to only compare her to Thatcher. There are more women in politics than Thatcher, May and Hillary.

I don't think that the behaviour of this candidate and Trump represent the behaviour of all men. Just a certain type of man that seems to be in Vogue in the States.

Don't forget Angela Merkel, who's held office longer than any of the three you mentioned.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 7:59 am

Merkel is great. She has a doctorate in chemistry.

Also, Trump seems to be turning handshaking into arm wrestling.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

26 May 2017, 8:33 am

Lot of guys play silly games with handshakes, always some weird thing about how strong or weak your grip is and who lets go first. Macron had done the same thing earlier with Trump, Trudeau tried to come on strong as well in their earlier meeting, I imagine Trump actually likes it and leaves a good impression on him. Not fair comparison to a candidate and reporter getting into a real scuffle, just kind of a funny thing to watch. Nobody likes limp handshakes. :P