Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

invisibleboy
Raven
Raven

25 May 2017, 3:39 pm

I got a text from my landlord this morning telling me someone was going to come by in a few hours to assess the house for his mortgage. I'm not one of those neat autistic people. My place was a mess.

Legally he needs to give me 24 hours notice before he can come in but I couldn't say no. But already I was heading towards meltdown because I have some very important, difficult things to do tomorrow and I had structured and scheduled today so that I'd be relaxed and ready to do them. I asked him when they were coming and he said he didn't know, just sometime today. So I needed to clean the apartment. I had no garbage bags and I had to walk to three different stores before I found them, and in the process I got drenched in rain which is a sensation I can't stand. I spent several hours cleaning the place, and haven't been able to follow the schedule at all because I was waiting for them to show up.

About 30 minutes ago he texted me to say they weren't coming today after all, they'd come at 9 AM tomorrow instead. And also, he's thinking of selling the house so they'd need to measure and take pictures.

My day was wasted, I didn't get anything done, I'll have to be ready early tomorrow morning even though I have to do the difficult things tomorrow afternoon/evening. I had very specific schedules ready for the next three days. Never mind that now I'm worried because if he sells the house, there goes my apartment and I'll need to find a new place to live. But now he wants pictures, like housing listing pictures? My house is clean now, but it's not sale listing clean. I don't have it in me. Finding out that not only did today get ruined for no reason, tomorrow will suck too broke me. I can not clean this place any more. Every time I think of what today was supposed to be like I just meltdown again.

Tomorrow he will show up and probably be angry because he gave me "so much notice" and the place isn't spotless. But it's clean and that's all I can do because I already wasted all day waiting for him to show up. I'm really upset and I don't know what to do to regulate myself again. Help?

everybody's playing the game
but nobody's rules are the same
nobody's on nobody's side