hmm thinking of actually shaving sides of my hair.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 5:29 pm

I already sort of did, but only the little area from the back of my ears to my face, so I was thinking of just going all the way for it. Plus there's a very awkward dread on one side that looks to be in the middle of the shaved area, I was nervous about going all the way up and so I left it initially. Anyways, it would look kinda like mohawk style when I put my hair up....but when my hairs down it wouldn't be all that noticeable.

But yeah something kind of like this:

I would leave dreads in the very back, can't tell from the picture if that is what this person did, or if they shaved all the way around but I'd leave the ones in the back.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 5:51 pm

It sounds like a good haircut in general, but maybe not the best haircut for job hunting.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 6:31 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
It sounds like a good haircut in general, but maybe not the best haircut for job hunting.

I did consider that, but I already have crazy dreads still in the process of maturing so not sure that would make much difference. It might even look a bit more clean cut then how my hair looks right now. Also though in that picture it looks like they have some beads and hemp wrap decoration going on....I wouldn't do that for job searching, I just tie it back.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 25 May 2017, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 6:39 pm

Cool haircut, but I'm wondering since you have a rather thin face whether that style will make your face seem thinner and longer when pulled back?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:24 pm

Perhaps, though I always angle the camera downward some when I take pictures, at other angles my face tends too look rather chubby...so my profile pic may be slightly deceiving since I took it at that angle to make my face look thinner so it probably wouldn't bother me if tying my hair back does that.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 10:27 pm

^ Well, then, I say go for it.
Hope you'll post some pics if you decide to get it done.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 11:03 pm

I see some people with this and I think it's really cool but how it looks when you just doesn't want it anymore and want your hair to grow?? won't be a part of growing hair looks weird under your already long hair??

when i was a child, i went to the beach and all children were taking a kind of braid and i didn't want it, but my mom forced me to make that because she thought after i would regret, when i got home, i cut it off and it was quite weird for a while the smaller hair growing, it would point out under the longer part

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 4:20 am

I know someone who has a similar haircut, only with one side shaved and the other kept intact. And without the dreads.

Anyway, you do you. Not gonna lie, I can imagine that haircut looking good on you. :D

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 3:28 am

You should totally do it, it would fit right in with your metalhead / rocker thing. :)
If you left the dreads long / many enough above it, when it starts to grow out (if or when you wanted to grow it out) you might be able to just let them hang down over it, like people usually do when growing out an undercut, so it wouldn't look weird.
I've got a short back and sides look at the moment sort of similar (but a lot shorter, no dreads unfortunately) and have been trying to get up the courage to shave my whole head.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 4:10 am

oh my god don't do it.
you look so wholesome as you are.
never thought of you as a "style" type of person, but there one goes.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 5:43 am

looks very cool. is that inna in the photo? i guess maybethe mole is on the other side of her mouth

i mean this singer

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 8:44 am

It can look good, while still maintaining an appearance acceptable for decent employment.

Last one is a bit grown out.