Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 12:47 pm

This months was $66.00.Not bad at all since the reptile room is heated 24/7 with a wall mount Envi heater and I purchased a small very efficient window AC for the living room.Its also much quieter than the old unit,a big plus.

closerlife
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Mar 2020, 7:18 am

I paid 200$ for the last month and it was too much for me. I thought it would be nice to find another electricity supplier as I don't want to pay that much anymore. To be honest, I am the only one in my area who's paying that much, and I thought this was because I have a pool in my house, but my neighbor told me that I am wrong. He has a pool too, even bigger than mine and he pays twice less as I do. He told me that I really need to change the supplier, because mine has the worst tariff in the area. More than that, he told me that I can use [url=https:[/url] to find all the available suppliers in the area, to find the most affordable one. This is what he has done a year ago and now he pays 60-100$ per month, depends on the season.

Last edited by B19 on 18 May 2020, 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.: spam

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2020, 8:17 am

I live in a house and have got it down to $35 to $55, more in the winter when I'm indoors more of the time.
I find I only need 5 or 6 watts to light a room. I think it is pretty reasonable considering all the meals I cook.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2020, 12:58 pm

I just had a major drop in my bill thanks to installing heat pumps to $780. Last year my winter (Jan & Feb) bill was over $900. When my parents had a house they probably paid close to $4000 a year! Where the heck does everyone live that their bills are so cheap?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2020, 1:31 pm

I pay about $60 a month in electricity in the winter, up to about $110 in the summer. I live in Queens, NYC.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2020, 3:03 pm

I have a separate heating bill for oil heat. I think I paid $1000 for just the past two months.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2020, 10:15 pm

Somewhere equivalent to 40-80 USD.

Not because of necessity, it's because people in this household is damn lazy and careless no thanks to their idea of 'living'.

The TV is too huge and loud -- their idea of an 'investment' apparently -- practically turned on over 10+ hrs a day, especially at nighttime as they sleep. We don't even have a cable! That's just random YouTube videos being played all over again. :x Also playing louder music when they could've just used audio.

They don't turn the lights off too often. I couldn't either or I'd screw over by stepping into things I wouldn't every night.
No thanks to the damn dog and it has it's own electric fan sucking the bills away. It's already damn pointless to keep that fitful thing around the house seeing that the real owner is usually away and it does nothing but get on the way, being loud and soil the floor.

At least no one's using the desktop 15 hrs a day and beyond as necessary anymore.

The high cost necessity here would be the air conditioner in summers. It's just their idea of comfort and couldn't cope with heat well. Not really my problem.
Except how the master's bedroom was naturally set up with screwed ventilation making it unnecessary warmer AND dimmer.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2020, 3:30 pm

Living in a council flat in the UK, I put £40 on the key meter every 6 weeks or so. So, c.£27 or $33 a month. This is about a third of what I was paying in a shared house with 2 other people, so clearly we were using 9 times as much electricity! Probably helps that I don't have a freezer, and don't tend to leave things on "standby" all day.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2020, 3:33 pm

Equivalent to about $100 USD per month. I have a fairly large house although I don't use electric lights very often.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2020, 10:02 am

I have a two-bedroom apartment, everything is electric. My electric bill hovers between $110 and $180 a month, depending on the season. It's NUTS. I live in the Kansas City metro. I don't pay for any other utilities though.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits