I want to write to a friend but i'm afraid he won't answer

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 3:07 pm

he talks with me regularly, but just small talk, whenever i send him bigger messages, he doesn't answer. i really miss talking with him more meaningful.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 3:15 pm

Just write him anyway and if he doesn't answer then oh well, his los. It's worth writing him and possible having him write back then never write and not hear from him at all.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 3:38 pm

i did it for a while but it was really frustrating to see how much he doesn't care :/ he talks with me sometimes, kind of often, actually. but when i want to talk about more difficult subjects – like now – he never finds time for me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 5:10 pm

The worst thing that can happen is that he wont respond.

I guess that you could change your approach, and try more small talk first. Ask him what he thinks about about soccer matches in Brazil, or about whatever Brazilians make small talk about. Get him to relax. Before upping the ante to more serious conversation.

But he may not be serious friend material.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 8:43 pm

I know him for a bit more than a year, and he would talk a lot to me and give me lots of attention. He is a very nice person, but now he is all time busy and I think he just don't care enough about me to care about my problems and thoughts. He text me quite often to talk about something on his day, and even sometimes when he is sad (it isn't often). I used to tell him about everything, my problems and all, and he would talk about this stuff and it was great, now I had written him longer messages 4 or 5 times and he didn't replied them, and we had some arguments about it. A lot of times he promised he would answer when he had time or something, but actually didn't, the last time it happened, I told him I wouldn't do it anymore, that's why I'm afraid to write him.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 8:45 pm

Why bother?

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 8:57 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
Why bother?

that's my thought – it will create me great anxiety to wait for an answer that likely won't happen. at the same time, there is stuff I want to talk with someone and I only feel free to talk with him.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 12:12 am

Just write him anyways. Ask him questions about things that are happening in his part of the world.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 9:08 pm

I did write and he was just evasive. It's so sad that he talks with me, but he don't really give me attention. He used to be the only person who I felt comfortable with and he used to give a lot of support, now whenever I write him about my personal issues, he just says something generic and often bad or he just ignore.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 9:12 pm

Were you and he a mazzy star fading?

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 9:40 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
Were you and he a mazzy star fading?

I don't know what this mean

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 10:06 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
I did write and he was just evasive. It's so sad that he talks with me, but he don't really give me attention. He used to be the only person who I felt comfortable with and he used to give a lot of support, now whenever I write him about my personal issues, he just says something generic and often bad or he just ignore.

If you're writing about your personal problems a lot, or whenever you're writing you tend to end up talking about your personal problems, it can become very draining for the other person, especially if there is no obvious solution to be offered, which often there isn't.

Q is talking about the song Fade Into You by Mazzy Star, I believe.
Longing and despair.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 10:09 pm

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 10:33 pm

Raleigh wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

If you're writing about your personal problems a lot, or whenever you're writing you tend to end up talking about your personal problems, it can become very draining for the other person, especially if there is no obvious solution to be offered, which often there isn't.

Q is talking about the song Fade Into You by Mazzy Star, I believe.
Longing and despair.

I do but he said he didn't mind, but now it seems he mind. When he have problems, he always come to me, but it's not often. I also feel sad because generally he isn't being nice, for example, when I went to travel, he didn't wish me a nice trip or anything like this – is stupid to worry about it?