Why do rednecks side with the Republican Party?

Page 5 of 10 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 7:24 am

Jacoby wrote:
The elites in the US have pitted working class whites and minorities against each other almost since the very first day we stepped on this continent. This is how they maintain control.

You mean like how Trump rose to power?

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2017, 7:12 pm

Tollorin wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
The elites in the US have pitted working class whites and minorities against each other almost since the very first day we stepped on this continent. This is how they maintain control.

You mean like how Trump rose to power?

Exactly.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2017, 7:16 pm

Misslizard wrote:
StinkyDog wrote:
Low educational attainment. Many are mentally ret*d. They watch Fox News and listen to Rush Limbaugh.

Stereotype much?

Do you have a better explanation for Rednecks siding with the Repugnican party? Have you seen any videos by The Liberal Redneck? He explains things pretty well.

The President isn't going to invite any rednecks to visit him at Mar-A-Lago, even if they voted for him. Even Steve Bannon has to stay in Washington.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2017, 8:10 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I think most of the replies to this thread should be a pretty good explanation as to why 'rednecks' think the Democratic Party is against them.(they are) How many times did we hear liberals complain about white people during this election? Not just white people but rather white people without college degrees. *gasp*

This looks like something that an "Alternative Right" troll would have typed. They're ALL over the internet these days. Most are paid, and working from Russia.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 8:14 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
-Trump wants middle class tax cuts (double the standard deduction).
-Trump wants the Obamacare penalty off the backs of the middle class.
-Trump is doing something about immigration that helps middle class jobs.

"Trump's anti-H1B tactics compel Infosys to recruit 10,000 employees in the US"
http://www.zdnet.com/article/trumps-ant ... in-the-us/

-Trump is renegotiating NAFTA more favorably for the US.
Trump (Gasp) wants pro-labor tariffs (aka the border adjustment tax).

Democrats wouldn't give a hoot about any of this.

BRAVA!! (applause)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 8:59 pm

Jacoby wrote:
There is most definitely anti-white particularly anti-white working class sentiment among 'progressives' of the Democratic party, the intellectual elitists hold "white n*****s" in the lowest regard possible even below that of terrorists who would behead them without second thought. These elitists are convinced of their supremacy and needed role as rulers of society...

Amen, brother----especially, the part about white n!ggers!!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 9:30 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Republican Party: The Republican Party is run by greedy billionaires. They pretend to be Christian even though they obviously have never read the New Testament. They don't care about the environment. They regard all non-billionaires as pawns. They create wars in order to make money. These wars feed the Islamic State and create refugees. These refugees end up coming to the West. Some of these refugees become radicalized and commit terror attacks. The victims of these attacks are usually in the lower economic classes.

Rednecks: Most rednecks are lower/middle class people who live on farms. These farms will be destroyed by global warming by the end of this century. Rednecks will call you a communist if you disagree with the Republicans on anything ... even though the Republican Party is destroying everything that rednecks love.

Wow, good thing you're a Canadian----cuz, if an American had posted this, I would think somebody had slipped them, a mickey.....

From your description of a Republican, it sounds like you're basing your opinion of a Republican on President Trump's words / actions, ALONE----and, AFAIK, he's never been a Republican in his entire life (meaning, that may be his "label", but that's not his "being"); and, it certainly doesn't describe the "regular" people of the Republican party, as, IME, they are as varied (in wealth and education, for instance), as Democrats.

As for "Rednecks": It seems you don't fully understand the meaning of the word. "Rednecks" ONLY means "Southerner". Cotton was picked in the South by workers bending-over all-day to pick it, and the back of their necks got sunburned; hence, the name "Redneck". BLACK people are Rednecks, as well, as they picked cotton, as well----and again, "Rednecks" are as varied in wealth and education, for instance, as any other group; and, therefore, NOT a "class".

This message has been brought to you, by a Hillbilly.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 12:13 am

Ending racism is simple. Focus on class antagonism instead.

Let's stop thinking in terms of black Vs. white.
Instead, we should look at the world in terms of billionaire Vs. non-billionaire.

The economic class divide is still the most important social divide.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 12:32 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Instead, we should look at the world in terms of billionaire Vs. non-billionaire.

I recall that whenever liberals have suggested such a thing, conservatives accuse them of class warfare, and class envy.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 2:11 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

I recall that whenever liberals have suggested such a thing, conservatives accuse them of class warfare, and class envy.

Conservatives are bootlickers.

There is nothing wrong with hating billionaires. They are a highly oppressive social class.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 5:05 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

There is nothing wrong with hating billionaires. They are a highly oppressive social class.

I can't disagree with either of those points. :lol:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 8:13 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

LOL NO WAY!! Maybe in YOUR country----but, certainly, not in the U.S. That's more of a Liberal's MO. Conservatives, generally speaking, are much more on the side of Palm Greasers----much more respectable.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 8:28 am

Jacoby wrote:
StinkyDog wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
I think most of the replies to this thread should be a pretty good explanation as to why 'rednecks' think the Democratic Party is against them.(they are) How many times did we hear liberals complain about white people during this election? Not just white people but rather white people without college degrees. *gasp*

This looks like something that an "Alternative Right" troll would have typed. They're ALL over the internet these days. Most are paid, and working from Russia.

Still checking under your bed for Soviets after all these years? Put the tin foil away and don't believe all the garbage that the nice white haired effeminate man tells you on CNN.

I think she's a troll.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 9:26 am

It's funny how rednecks and hip hoppers hate each other when they actually have a lot in common. Sure, rednecks prefer country music and trucks while hip hoppers prefer rap music and cadillacs but they both drink and smoke excessively, call women "b*****s", get in fights over stupid reasons, tote guns, eat fried chicken, shop at Wal-Mart, and generally reject science as well as the arts. This is just my observation living in the Central Texas Bible Belt region.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2017, 10:22 am

Jacoby wrote:
StinkyDog wrote:
Still checking under your bed for Soviets after all these years? Put the tin foil away and don't believe all the garbage that the nice white haired effeminate man tells you on CNN.

I'm not checking under my bed. Just checking internet message boards. You have to be a paid Russian troll, to type rubbish like that. The paid Russian troll's primary goal is get Americans to lose confidence in American institutions, with the end game of tearing down democracy, and especially NATO. Failing that, you're paid just to get normal people riled up. Carry on, Boris.

BTW, I never watch CNN. I've watched a bit of RT, just to verify--if you're not Russian, then you're most assuredly under the Russian spell.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

30 May 2017, 10:53 am

StinkyDog wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
StinkyDog wrote:

I'm not checking under my bed. Just checking internet message boards. You have to be a paid Russian troll, to type rubbish like that. The paid Russian troll's primary goal is get Americans to lose confidence in American institutions, with the end game of tearing down democracy, and especially NATO. Failing that, you're paid just to get normal people riled up. Carry on, Boris.

BTW, I never watch CNN. I've watched a bit of RT, just to verify--if you're not Russian, then you're most assuredly under the Russian spell.

You are brainwashed and have no idea what you are talking about. Stop believing ridiculous incoherent conspiracy theories about secret Russian agents trying to influence your opinion because you're not that important, this is serious Cold War level paranoia. CNN is entry-level stupid, if you're reading garbage like the the Huffington Post or Salon or Slate or the thousand other sites just that then seriously stop reading that drivel. The NYT, WP, the WSJ, pretty much all the mainstream liberal media have been discredited repeatedly and most of America now realizes this but there are still some geriatrics that believe everything they say like its gospel.

Our democratic institutions are under assault; by deep state goons, their corporate masters in the media, and their legion of useful idiots. Russia doesn't have to do anything, it's the histrionics and and extralegal 'resistance' that are eroding confidence in our democracy all on its own. Trump WON the election but there has not been a peaceful transfer of power, there has been a organized movement working to overthrow Trump since before he even took office and it is the Obama administration that facilitated this at the end of his term. You know one of the last things Obama did in office was mandate that the '17 intelligence agencies' make their information accessible to each other, this campaign of leaks were planned in the last days of his presidency. How about spying on your political opponents, how does that make you feel about American democracy?

Trump barnstormed the nation and won the former industrial heartland, he won by taking his message directly to the people and there isn't anything more democratic than that. I say the DNC undermines democracy by rigging its primary, we already knew about the party bosses having the final say but they straight up rig everything. Democrats hatred of the constitution is more evidence of their attacks on the foundations of our democracy, you people project seriously everything onto your perceived opponents.