Good Areas to live if you're an aspie...?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

rob7456
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 May 2017, 8:22 pm

I'm wondering if anyone on here has found any area within the US that they find to be relatively good places to live as an aspie. I am going to be moving as soon as I can afford to. Imbed on November, the last town I lived on was horrie. I moved to a city nTs thought I'd like, but I don't. I know no place is going to be perfect, but I'm just wondering if people here have any thoughts on where might be good. Some place not too rough but also not too conformist.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 10:58 pm

I'm curious about this too. I'd like to know for the US or other countries. Can you elaborate on some conditions you'd like? A lot depends on your preferences, like weather and population, transit, things to do/events, etc.

I'm in the US but I can't recommend anywhere I've been. I'm originally from Chicago and I love it because it's my home but it's too violent and terrible to live there now. I've been to several southern states and I didn't like any of them.

I did really like Denver, Colorado when I visited.

rob7456
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2017, 4:16 pm

I like weather on the cooler side. Population and activity wise, I like something in the middle, so to speak. Not a farm in the country, but not a huge city either. A small city or big town I think. Not too car- dependent since I don't drive, it would need to be either walkable or have a decent bus system, if not both. Really, though, the most important factor to me is how I would be received there.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 3:49 pm

What a city with a population of about 70,000? Because if so I have a city I think you like to move to.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 7:09 pm

I don't recommend Houston, unfortunately

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 8:57 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I don't recommend Houston, unfortunately

I visited Houston for a week. I went to Comic Con at the NRG Center which was amazing, since I got to see people I saw earlier that year in St Louis (and Comic Con just happened to be the weekend I was visiting :D) . But since that dealt with a special interest I would have enjoyed it regardless.

Overall I wasn't crazy about the area though, and the heat had nothing to do with it. What do you dislike?

Last edited by BrokenPieces on 04 Jun 2017, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 9:02 pm

I live in a small town but personally want to live somewhere bigger. Like anywhere from 30,000-100,000 pop in the city. But luckily a town away from me fits that size. The city has over 70,000 has a pretty good sized mall and all the businesses I'll need to go to without ever leaving town. And it's called Jonesboro.