Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 9:31 pm

Youse/y'all who follow my posts might recall that I've been in a hospital/nursing situation these past few weeks . As of now , I have very much improved , but , it is possible that I might discharge myself​ Against Medical Advice , for various reasons :( ...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 10:14 pm

... Above all else , it is because of my need to access the account where my SSDI .one is , as I have to access it at least every thirty days or the account - and the money in it - closes up and I guess the card becomes NG . The. nursing place is putting massive barriers in the way of me doing that and other errands , briefly
If I had some friends/family near me to help me with these things I could get past this but of course I do not:-( . Another question is whether I still have rights to the SRO room and if the few things I left in the SRO room that morning have been thrown away , I didn't expect a long-term hospitalization when I left the SRO that morning .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 May 2017, 7:19 pm

I guess you have to do what you have to do, but I don't see that option as a good idea. How long have you been there? I'm guessing you haven't told them you need to get money because you don't want them to know about it?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 9:33 pm

...No , I've told them , and they took me once before , but they're being all " the rules are the rules " :( ...They DID take me before , but I recall some comment , IIRC , that I was past the point of days in here that they'd pay for , and so , now they were saying I had to pay $75 for the transportation to an errand ! :cry:
I don't know how exactly well , even for walking , I would be if I left Monday or Tuesday .
If I could just get someone to visit me and help me , I wouldn't have to do this :( .

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2017, 4:35 am

I don't know what to tell you. You've asked for someone to help but I don't think anyone who reads this board lives in the area so I think you're out of luck there.

I will say that if you leave there without being officially discharged, all I can see is you ending right back at a hospital. Why is your disability paid the way it is? For the past couple of months you've been in hospitals or this nursing center - you need to see about changing how you access your money and how much.

Is it parceled out because you spend it all when you get it and have none left the rest of the month?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 6:06 pm

...No , the parceling didn't happen for that reason .
It is now Thurs. the 1st . I lost my phone for a couple of days , during which interim I left the nursing place , after then , to cut the story short , I found that I have , indeed , lost the SRO room and what I had in it , I am back in a shelter I was in before , with a week's bed .
I'll say more in a new post , thank you .

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2017, 2:56 pm

One thing I've always noticed is you are very evasive when asked direct questions. Sometimes you'll answer days later, but mostly not.

No answer as to whether you were asking the people who cared for you at the facility to involve you in the discharge planning.

No direct answer as to why your disability is parceled out the way it is. Everyone else I know gets 1 lump sum on a specific date in the month.

So you left AMA after passively waiting for **something** to happen and now you're in the shelter.

You will have a hospital-shelter-hospital-shelter existence punctuated by more pieces of you being amputated because you refuse to live in a place and care for your diabetes and because you are non-compliant with medical care. All because you wanted money, to see if you bags of things were still around, I don't know.

You don't have to answer my questions, but the next time you want to complain that you don't have this or that or how hard it is on the streets, you have chosen this. You had a bed in a care facility and you have chosen to be back in a shelter.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 5:36 pm

...No . I do not .
As far as computers go , now , I tend to have (especially in the hospitals situation) this teen
ny-tiny phone , which is INCREDIBLY difficult to post on ! !! !! !! !! !! :x That is one reason I take time answering ! :o I do not have the " at least a laptop " regular access to an
decent computer of my own which almost all of you , I am sure , have ! :(
The story behind the money being parecled is a long story , which I've sorta forgot the beginning of , but it wasn't " you're spending too fast " .
I just said that - You don't believe me ?
I needed to check my bank account , and i thought my phone was permanantly gone , that happened before I left the facility .
As I have said , I have asked again , and again , for help from people SPECIFICALLY excluding money or gifts , I said that I wasn't asking for money or gifts , just such as maybe getting some errands done , which could have helped me stay in the shelter , or help with mu limited computer/phone/posting abilities , or , when I thought I could apply for community college here , help in signing up - Again , specifically disavowing asking for money or gifts , keeping with the" oh , he's homeless , don't give him $ , he'll just spend it on Night Train or crack " - and I did not ask for money or gifts ! - and no one would help me :( .
No were no " discharge planners " at the facility , incidentally .
If I only could have somewhere to rest before , the amputations might not have happened :( .
Right now , I am crippled and back-pained . :cry:
This all goes back to being co
mmited and stuffed full or drugs when I was 20-on . It destroyed my life , pretty much :cry: .
I didn't have the " nice Aspie kid " tag :cry: .
Yeah , yeah , and you lecture me all about how it's my fault .

Omniel wrote:
One thing I've always noticed is you are very evasive when asked direct questions. Sometimes you'll answer days later, but mostly not.

No answer as to whether you were asking the people who cared for you at the facility to involve you in the discharge planning.

No direct answer as to why your disability is parceled out the way it is. Everyone else I know gets 1 lump sum on a specific date in the month.

So you left AMA after passively waiting for **something** to happen and now you're in the shelter.

You will have a hospital-shelter-hospital-shelter existence punctuated by more pieces of you being amputated because you refuse to live in a place and care for your diabetes and because you are non-compliant with medical care. All because you wanted money, to see if you bags of things were still around, I don't know.

You don't have to answer my questions, but the next time you want to complain that you don't have this or that or how hard it is on the streets, you have chosen this. You had a bed in a care facility and you have chosen to be back in a shelter.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 7:47 pm

You should have stayed in the nursing facility.

Some of them, I know, have ATMs, where you could have used your debit card. I don't know if the facility you stayed in had an ATM.

I'm sorry you're back to "square one."

Signing yourself out "against medical advice" too many times is sort of the same thing as "crying wolf" in the eyes of a certain type of social worker.

I understand you had to use your card. And I understand why you might not have wanted to inform Social Security about your whereabouts, because you think they might cut you off because you're in a nursing facility.

For people with more knowledge of this: Would they have cut him off if he told them?

If they wouldn't, just inform them, and they won't put a hold on you funds after 30 days of non-usage.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 10:41 pm

...There was no ATM , KK . There is also the General Delivery " Homeless Post Office " where I get my USPS . I went there to-day - there was nothing .
I had not gone there for many weeks , even before the amputation , in the weeks in the SRO I could not get myself up in time (no clock remember) to get to a bus going uphill to there .
They send the mail back after a week and a halfish . I sure I missed some mail - including a check . :(

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 11:03 pm

...Answering Ok some more - You yell at me because I did not answer within a half hour , more or less .
I will tell you more about my posting circumstances while in the facility . There was wi-fi sometimes , but irregularly . When there was , I would sometimes be unable to access​/post WP , because of it being down , or this failure thing which could stop you from posting or getting in , which has happened to me on WP on many different devices .
Additionally ,.this phone would be very sensitive - It could suddenly jump back to the search page , and lose something I was writing .
So I did.not get replies back to Miss Dilbert's boss fast enough . Boo hoo effin who .
Beep off . :evil:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 11:04 pm

...Answering Om some more - You yell at me because I did not answer within a half hour , more or less .
I will tell you more about my posting circumstances while in the facility . There was wi-fi sometimes , but irregularly . When there was , I would sometimes be unable to access​/post WP , because of it being down , or this failure thing which could stop you from posting or getting in , which has happened to me on WP on many different devices .
Additionally ,.this phone would be very sensitive - It could suddenly jump back to the search page , and lose something I was writing .
So I did.not get replies back to Miss Dilbert's boss fast enough . Boo hoo effin who .
Beep off . :evil:

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2017, 1:23 pm

For those wondering where my reply went, I deleted it. I left it up overnight and today I've decided this is just a long pattern that nothing I say will change, so I deleted my post.

ASS-P, good luck to you and I hope things work out for you.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 2:50 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...There was no ATM , KK . There is also the General Delivery " Homeless Post Office " where I get my USPS . I went there to-day - there was nothing .
I had not gone there for many weeks , even before the amputation , in the weeks in the SRO I could not get myself up in time (no clock remember) to get to a bus going uphill to there .
They send the mail back after a week and a halfish . I sure I missed some mail - including a check . :(

So was it really worth leaving the hospital/nursing facility against medical advice? Now what is the plan? Maybe you should go back to the hospital if you need treatment and help and stay there till you're actually in a condition to leave. I am sure you could sort out the issue with not getting your check after you get your immediate health concerns are taken care of. You could also ask for help at the hospital see if they have any kind of human resources services or could at least point you in the right direction. I mean did you tell them your entire situation, or just give as little info as possible and then just leave against medical advice....because the second approach wont get you anywhere.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 8:34 am

...Just to repeat this point , I lost the SRO and the items that were in it just because I was away for a long time , not only losing the room but my possessions .