Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 9:07 am

So a long while back, a friend introduced me to cooking for an entire week in one day. That was a very good thing, as I get a lot of overtime sometimes, so it's nice to have that all taken care of when I come home or need to pack a lunch in the morning. I guess some people find a week of the same thing to be repetitive and boring, but not me. Not at all. I find it comforting. Anyway...

I've started looking into cooking for an entire month in the same time frame. So far I've stumbled across one blogger who provides menu, recipes, and the ingredients list.

https://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/f ... meals.html

There's also this:
http://www.onecrazyhouse.com/freezer-meal-recipes/

*of mostly stuff I know I'll eat, but I may substitute chicken a la king for one of the recipes

Anybody want to share some meal plans, ingredients lists, and recipes that are easy, tried, and true? Anybody else in the same boat?

Last edited by BetwixtBetween on 27 May 2017, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

enbalmed
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 May 2017, 9:27 am

A significant amount of our time-shifted cooking is done using a mincer to batch-mince chicken and turn it into either taco or pasta sauce, this gives about 5 days fresh for 2 people, and also gives a few hundred grams for freezing.

I usually fillet and mince 2 whole chickens, and cook off the bones and skin to extract the stock/oils and glaze the pan.

Deglaze with wine / mirin, add the mince and fry til colour changes.

Season, then add Fresh chilli (to taste), Powedered paprika and powdered cayenne pepper.
[If making taco add a heaped tablespoon of ground cumin at this point too]

Add a good fistful of spring onion greens (better if you want this as a low GI impact dish), or a chopped whole white onion.

Mix in 2 cans of chopped tomato, and leave to cook off for 20mins on a medium-low heat.

[Finish with coriander for taco, or fresh parsley/basil for pasta]

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 2:34 pm

I'm doing it. I'm going through with it. I bought all the ingredients. I just need a ton of tin-foil meal trays. And to chop/cook everything. Wish me luck everybody.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 10:41 am

I didn't end up cooking two of my intended dishes, but now I have a ton of food I like in my freezer. There it is, just waiting for me to be too tired or too much in a rush. And I spent less. I am pleased. Very pleased.