Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

lgm23
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 May 2017, 1:35 pm

I am getting ready to apply for college and I am not sure what colleges are going to be helpful/friendly to students like me with Asperger's. I am a very high achieving student, I will graduate with 10 AP courses, I have a 1510 on the SAT and a 4.0 GPA. The colleges I am looking at right now are UGA, GT, William and Mary, SMU, Rice, Duke, and Princeton. Does anyone have any experience with these schools and their disability services? I am also mentioning my diagnosis in my common app essay and I am wondering if this will be looked at negatively at certain schools? Any advice about college applications or anything related to that would be greatly appreciated :)

Diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD

jcCoolidgejr.
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jun 2017, 11:55 pm

Did you specialize in anything? A 4.0 won't do you any good if you didn't bother taking any relevant classes. If you did, reply, if not, join the military. They have all sorts of non combat or even combat related fields and will even educate you. Air craft carrier nuclear reactors, army core of engineers, testing, technology and development, microbiology,arenotics, think of it, they'll train you in it fur free.