How do I know when I'm truly in love?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 May 2017, 1:58 pm

To me, love is that warm, fuzzy feeling I get when I'm around someone. I've been told, too, that when your heart tingles, that's love. Recently, I broke up with someone, now I'm with someone else. I told the guy I broke up with that I loved him and he told me that he loved me. Now I don't think I was really, truly in love with him. In fact, I don't think I know what love is. I mean, I still have feelings for him, yet I'm resentful towards him as well. I'm so confused right now. I feel stuck, like I'm in a love triangle or something. The guy I'm with now is saying that I'm a God send to him, but I'm not sure if I can believe that, since I've been told similar things by so many other guys, and they all abused me in one way or another. I don't even consider this guy I'm with now my boyfriend; just a good friend. All we've done so far is kiss, hug and hold hands. Nothing sexual. Yet. I think this is just my sex and love addiction kicking in, telling me that I need a man to feel more complete, like my life has meaning. I don't know. What I do know, is that I recently posted something else about how to deal with a breakup. I only got 2 replies. Oh well, better than none. So any advice?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 2:50 pm

Time reveals it. If you can enjoy each other's company for more than just the sexual attraction, if you can work through bad times together, if you respect one another.

Love is more than a fuzzy feeling. It is revealed through how you treat one another and how you work as a team.

But if you don't feel any attraction. You're just good friends.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 11:59 pm

^I agree. Keep cool & be patient. :lol: Whenever possible.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: