Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2017, 7:58 am

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Said we could reschedule later, but... yeah, not gonna do that. Oh well!

Well done!

CudgelFace
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 May 2017, 5:23 pm

guys he doesn't have a girlfriend because he does crap like this. hes a bully so just ignore him viewtopic.php?t=338151

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 5:39 pm

Says the person with 8 posts. Who's more likely a troll, new account or a long time member

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 5:53 pm

sly279 wrote:
Says the person with 8 posts. Who's more likely a troll, new account or a long time member

Oh, but very likely she is a long time member. :P

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 6:40 pm

If every WP account was deleted because we offended someone, they'd have to shut down the entire website. Everyone here has a different POV. The sooner you can deal with that, the more welcoming WP will be for you.

CudgelFace
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 May 2017, 6:43 pm

its not because he has a different opinion its because hes an ass about it. did you read the whole thing? he says some horrible things. He's a troll. He also wrote this trash viewtopic.php?t=340119 and he calls other peoples art trash.

CudgelFace
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 May 2017, 9:06 pm

and also he lied to this poor girl and your all telling him good job like wtf?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 9:29 pm

Cudgel: here's the thing. This is an aspie website. One of the problems we have is understanding appropriate behavior and appropriate language in conversing or expressing our opinions/feelings. IRL that's no excuse for being a jerk, and it's no excuse here, either. What we do is try to support each other, help each other understand what might have gone wrong in our interactions, and gently correct or adjust the behavior as best we can. It doesn't always work, but we try to help each other out.

If you have a problem with someone, report him. Or her...I've seen certain female members mysteriously vanish from WP. Otherwise, it's best that you ease up. You have a small posting history and so far are the only one with a problem with anyone. Please don't make things any more difficult than they have to be.

danieldoesnotexist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 May 2017, 3:58 am

Sounds like a chauvinistic feminazi. I wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot pole.

wtf

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 7:54 pm

Is this acceptable?

Some guy rejects someone over two measly match questions that he doesn't even bother to ask about. Not big differences like politics, religion, or wanting a family, but trifling questions about hypothetical situations.

Instead of being honest about his reasons for canceling the date, he lies. Instead of telling her that he doesn't want to see her at all, he lies again about rescheduling.

Does this sound like someone you want to date?

Shrevedude
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jun 2017, 8:15 pm

I'm really not sure if the poster is trolling by this or not, but I have no interest in saying jerkish things to this person, because I have no clue what the deal with the person is here. He could be just a lost person who is confused from all of the issues he's dealt with as an Aspie, and feels he needs to cop attitudes with people like he did on the art threads (which ironically, are about the kind of attitudes people that about half of the people have on POF OR Ok Cupid).

CudgelFace
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jun 2017, 9:07 pm

Exactly! Finally two peple who arent heartless. Adam is a troll and a bully and a racist that's all there is to it. nobody should date him. He should be left all by himself so that hell learn not to be such a dick. I hope nobody reads his books after he told them there art was trash. Hes the only trash here.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 9:21 pm

CudgelFace wrote:
Im a man not a woman.

I mistook you for someone else. :P
CudgelFace wrote:
and also he lied to this poor girl and your all telling him good job like wtf?

Lmao you call that lying, and poor girl really? :lmao:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:20 am

What we are seeing here is again another example of gender bias against guys.

I am sure if the genders were reversed, then you wouldn't all attack at the OP like this. None of you would have reacted that bad to his white lie.

I mean; how many stories we hear of women lying about rescheduling or being "too busy" while in fact they're not interested? Plenty! It is the most common form of rejection!

None ever criticized a woman for using this lie. I wonder why.
And many women would justify this excuse/lie because of safety.

And I am 100% sure that none of the ladies here would encourage a woman to date a man who sounds sexist and with strong double standard in his okcupid answers and slut-shaming those who had many partners.

I am 100% sure that none of you WPers would be like: "Oh maybe he didn't give it a thought when he said that women who slept with 100 partners are horrible while guys who slept with 100 are ok because they need fun"?

But just because this time a *man* did it - just because a man dared to call out a woman's double standars and rejected her on this basis ; then some of you went mad all about it.

If women can do it, then Adam can do it too.

Guys also have the same rights in showing non-interests safely in the same way women do, even by making excuses and white lies if necessary.

They have also the right to tell their dates " I am too busy" - and they should pick on that and respect their wishes of not bothering them again.

They also have the right to reject.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 18 Jun 2017, 5:58 am, edited 6 times in total.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:33 am

CudgelFace wrote:
Exactly! Finally two peple who arent heartless. Adam is a troll and a bully and a racist that's all there is to it. nobody should date him. He should be left all by himself so that hell learn not to be such a dick. I hope nobody reads his books after he told them there art was trash. Hes the only trash here.

You represent everything that's wrong with my generation.

Nothing pisses me off more than simps who act like superheroes, and portrays women as victims.

Pathetic.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 6:11 pm

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Over the past couple days I've been talking to a girl on OKCupid. She's nice, and way prettier than a guy like me has any right to hope for, and we're going to meet up for a date on Monday. Only problem is, OKC has a ton of survey questions you can answer and compare your answers to the people you're talking to, and a couple of her answers are a little concerning. They are:
"Is a woman who sleeps with 100 men a bad person?"
Her answer: No (Explanation: "Maybe she needs it to be happy, or she just likes sex. I don't judge.")
and
"Is a man who sleeps with 100 woman a bad person?"
Her answer: Yes (Explanation: "Horrible person who only uses women for his needs!")

I mean, that's about as big a double standard as you can get. She seems nice enough now, but what if those double standards extend into other things? Is it even worth getting involved with someone who thinks like this?

Hi Adam,
I am just going to say, you are right to consider all your options, i know i should have recently. I used it too and actually answered all the questions this time, if you think it will put you off meeting her because of the comment then consider why it was she put the explanation?
I must admit, I really hate that one myself, and would also get defensive if I thought someone was condoning it, not that you were, but some men like to big themselves up and look cool when its clear no woman wants to be thought of like that.
It's hard I know, but online dating is a huge risk and challenge, never knowing quite who you're going to meet and you should always talk to them first, just so you know they sound genuine and are still interested, if not, then send a clear reminder out to them that you can't meet them due to... and leave it at that, include a block if need be.