Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ELance
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2017, 10:27 pm

I read down the first leaf. You, the main deal, on this board, want to hide your doings; your name; who you are. Why thus do you?

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 11:39 pm

ELance wrote:
I read down the first leaf. You, the main deal, on this board, want to hide your doings; your name; who you are. Why thus do you?

I do, and so do many others. Still others do not.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 4:24 am

ELance wrote:

You don't have enough info filled out on your profile to really ask that. And is your name really ELance?

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 6:47 am

I don't know if anyone I know in real life is on this board. For now, I don't want a lot of people in real life to know about my internet activity. I limit what information I give out so people won't immediately recognise me. If someone figures out who I am, then so be it. But with my current information I don't expect that it will be too straight-forward.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 9:12 am

Putting my real name on this board could possibly jeopardize my future. I am hoping that nobody sees this, because a lot of people I know would recognize me because of my interest in Denis Istomin and my love of cats.

ELance
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 May 2017, 2:45 pm

Four men spake; none answered me. Why, I say, do you hide? I know the last man for his half of an answer. Why, if you are known, does it threat you?

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 5:07 pm

Unfortunately, there is a great deal of ignorance where spectrum disorders are concerned, and ignorance breeds prejudice. My own real name, if googled, brings up my work history in a very public position. While it may not be legal to discriminate on the basis of a disorder, potential employers find ways. I also have a very unusual name, which, when combined with what I have already revealed about my location, leads straight to me. I don't want that kind of vulnerability, especially because there are many trolls on this site.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 5:29 pm

Personal information on the internet is stolen every day by large criminal organisations for profit: they sell it, they use it to commit crimes, to steal identities and use them to commit crimes, to hack internet bank accounts and other crimes of violence. This is a fact of modern life; safety is important, particularly for our membership here.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 6:53 pm

^^
What the previous 2 posters said. And also, I don't like my name that much, so that's another reason to not post it here. :)

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2017, 7:29 pm

248RPA wrote:
^^
What the previous 2 posters said. And also, I don't like my name that much, so that's another reason to not post it here. :)

Me too and I don't like to be the center of attention so I relish in anonymity. I remember when I saw my picture in Google Images due to where I went and I was horrified.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 8:23 pm

This is mostly my username across the net. And it IS my first name. :lol:

If anyone stumbled across my posts, at this very website, then they will have to deal with their own shock. :twisted:
The shock of an idea that I'm actually an aspie driven by anger... When they all assumed that I'm just some naïve intellectual who have a crazy childish side. :lol:

People I knew Offline who might stumbled across this site? I don't have to explain anything to them. It's up to them if they could ever swallow all of it. If they ask, I'll deny nothing.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 2:10 am

ELance wrote:
Four men spake; none answered me. Why, I say, do you hide? I know the last man for his half of an answer. Why, if you are known, does it threat you?

Because there are creepers on the internet. You know about creepers right?

CrossedHannah
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 May 2017, 3:23 am

I enjoy anonymity to a certain degree. Both online and offline.

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 6:40 am

I like privacy. I'm a little obsessive about it. I run my internet through a VPN. I dumped my google history, not just from the hard drive on my computer but from the google servers too. I blocked them from collecting information about me. I have passwords that are as close as unbreakable as I can make them. I have different language keyboards on my computer just so I can include unusual characters like Chinese and Hangol in passwords. I am security aware. The less information people know about me the better and the more protected I am. It's how I like it.

ELance
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2017, 11:29 am

When I began to come online, in the mid-nineties, we used true names. This was on bulletin boards. On newsgroups, the highest of speaking-halls, men so used true names. When I am bade use a byname, I can want my true one only; nought else comes to me; nor if it did would I own it. Bynames, when I was young, were good; I thought myself another, big and deep; yet so as my mind waxed bigger, so too the byname became unwitty. I bid you think about your beliefs. It would be better for the world and Internet that men thus did not creep. Though on a lawful board it does less evil than on the free Internet, yet men there do evil as shapes in the night, hidden devils. A true name, even if it be shorted, betokens the wise and true. Some have said, "My master, if he knows I am such, will ail me." Men who would serve an evil master shall always do wrong. I will say, what I dislike craftiness, that the man of years who seeks hiding on the Internet seeks it everywhere of a kind, and so, at bottom, less he leave his hiding, furthers all evil. This is what righteousness dwells in the light. Hidden ones, take up the Bible; do today right what yesterday was done wrong.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 11:44 am

Today we have Facebook where people plaster their real name, face, location, family pics, where they work and every other little detail about themselves for millions to see. While I don't do FB, I have always been myself Ezra Shea on any forum I've ever been on. Except for one where I called myself Sheaezra for some reason.