Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2017, 12:18 am

Do you think young people who are into internet trolling, will become Nazis if Hitler had a YouTube channel? The sad truth is I'm afraid it would happen if Hitler was around today, knowing how easily manipulated people on the internet are.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 12:33 am

If Hitler were alive today, his YouTube channel would be all about anime waifus and rare Pepes.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 1:50 am

The tricky thing about Hitler is that he seemed to give a lot of very energetic campaign speeches that promised a lot but he never got into the crazy stuff so I don't know if even asking what it would be like for him to have a Youtube channel would be meaningful - ie. no one would know he was 'Hitler' in the sense you mean it. Even as bad as Wiemar Republic was he would never have been elected if he had campaigned as himself with a full set of his views and plans baked into his speeches. There was always slight of hand and the divide and conquer game exploited every reasonable excuse until people had no means to stand up to the unreasonable ones.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 6:41 am

Apparently that's the whole reason ISIS stays in existence. They recruit young folks on the world wide web. And ISIS is certainly comparable in its creed to Nazism.

So maybe you're right.

But on the other hand the modern Alt.Right (basically Neo Nazism) is certainly also on U Tube. But the Alt.Right doesn't seem to exist anywhere except on U Tube! That could be taken either way- evidence of the power, or of the lack of power, of U tube and the Net.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2017, 9:29 am

I can imagine Hitler taking Madanna's place in making an anti-Trump speech about blowing up the white house, except he actually follows through with it.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2017, 8:01 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Apparently that's the whole reason ISIS stays in existence. They recruit young folks on the world wide web. And ISIS is certainly comparable in its creed to Nazism.

So maybe you're right.

But on the other hand the modern Alt.Right (basically Neo Nazism) is certainly also on U Tube. But the Alt.Right doesn't seem to exist anywhere except on U Tube! That could be taken either way- evidence of the power, or of the lack of power, of U tube and the Net.

I haven't met anybody from ISIS, but I bet they probably use the "Godwin's Law" card for anybody who points out they're being brainwashed, since every other cult on the internet uses that excuse.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 11:34 pm

Aaendi wrote:
Do you think young people who are into internet trolling, will become Nazis if Hitler had a YouTube channel? The sad truth is I'm afraid it would happen if Hitler was around today, knowing how easily manipulated people on the internet are.

No, because trolls are merely trolls. People who make statements for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of people. Their statements do not reflect their actual sentiments. Hitler had the 1930s equivalent of a Youtube channel. He found an audience for his convoluted ideas among the patrons of Germany's beer houses and bars.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 11:45 pm

Hitler didn't rise alone, so unless the political/economical situation could be favorable to his ideology, and he was backed by powerful people, I wouldn't believe he would grew just with a youtube channel.

Social media is a powerful tool for whom have power or aligns with it.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 May 2017, 12:01 am

I don't think Hitler or anybody else could create a mass-mania for any Movement. It was possible in his time & place to shoot dead anybody who disagreed. Now he couldn't even find them. He'd get hacked by good people.

Re ISIS - yes, it uses Youtube for its own purposes, but so can we. Actually, we probably are. CIA on Youtube. Not sure of their talent lol.

It's the audience that will never be the same - no more exclusive audiences.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 12:11 am

In this day and age?....he'd probably be some kind of celebrity or an infamous alt right youtuber.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 12:13 am

ltcvnzl wrote:
Hitler didn't rise alone, so unless the political/economical situation could be favorable to his ideology, and he was backed by powerful people, I wouldn't believe he would grew just with a youtube channel.

Social media is a powerful tool for whom have power or aligns with it.

Also Heinrich Himmler was the engineer of the holocaust if I remember right, not Hitler...not defending Hitler but Heinrich Himmler was more the mastermind behind the holocaust. He was a f*cking psychopath.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 4:37 am

Aaendi wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

So maybe you're right.

I haven't met anybody from ISIS, but I bet they probably use the "Godwin's Law" card for anybody who points out they're being brainwashed, since every other cult on the internet uses that excuse.

Not sure what point you are making

But no ISIS members would NOT invoke Goodwin's law, because they can't.

Scientologists, or Moonies (for example)may cry fowl because Scientology, and the Unification Church have yet to commit genocide against anyone so members of those groups can get away with whining " that comparing us to Nazis is slander and hyperbole".

Members of ISIS cannot invoke "Goodwin's Law" because unlike "most cults" (even the Westboro Church) ISIS has actually commited crimes against humanity (ethnic cleansing, genocide, etc) of the kind that the Nazi's did.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 6:44 am

There is a film called "Look Who's Back" ( or "Er ist wieder da") where Hitler inexplicably comes back after being dead for 70 years. He didn't have a Youtube channel (that I know of, I've only seen clips of the film) but he did become popular on television.

Quote:
Adolf Hitler (Oliver Masucci) wakes up in present-day Berlin, in a park where his former wartime bunker once stood, and with no memory of anything that happened after 1945. He is disoriented and interprets modern situations and things from a Nazi perspective.[3][5][7][10] Everyone he meets assumes he is an actor impersonating Hitler. He arrives at a newspaper kiosk and begins to read about modern day issues in Germany. Through these newspapers he discovers a completely different ideology from the country he left and not an ideology agreeable to his taste.

Hitler next meets Fabian Sawatzki (Fabian Busch), of the television station MyTV, who had been coincidentally filming a documentary [...] Hitler becomes a street sketch artist to earn money for the programme.

After returning to Berlin, Sawatzki introduces both Hitler and his programme idea to the MyTV station chiefs. The MyTV chairman, Katja Bellini (Katja Riemann), decides to use Hitler in one of the MyTV comedy shows. Before the show, Hitler learns about the Internet and uses the Web to learn about the modern world and prepare his return to politics. While on air, Hitler presents his old plans for world domination, but he unintentionally becomes a big comedy hit.

[...]

With the help of Bellini and Sawatzki, Hitler publishes a new autobiographical book about his new life in the 21st century, titled Er ist wieder da, and it becomes a bestseller. [...] Soon after, the book is turned into a film.

[...]

Once the work for his film finishes, Hitler senses that he is on the path to a political comeback. He is more popular than ever, and nationalist Germans give Hitler hope that Germany might be ready for his return to power.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 7:25 am

He'd get banned pretty quickly. There was a young nazi girl on Youtube once who built up quite a following before she got banned and her vids deleted.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2017, 11:47 am

248RPA wrote:
There is a film called "Look Who's Back" ( or "Er ist wieder da") where Hitler inexplicably comes back after being dead for 70 years. He didn't have a Youtube channel (that I know of, I've only seen clips of the film) but he did become popular on television.

Quote:
Adolf Hitler (Oliver Masucci) wakes up in present-day Berlin, in a park where his former wartime bunker once stood, and with no memory of anything that happened after 1945. He is disoriented and interprets modern situations and things from a Nazi perspective.[3][5][7][10] Everyone he meets assumes he is an actor impersonating Hitler. He arrives at a newspaper kiosk and begins to read about modern day issues in Germany. Through these newspapers he discovers a completely different ideology from the country he left and not an ideology agreeable to his taste.

Hitler next meets Fabian Sawatzki (Fabian Busch), of the television station MyTV, who had been coincidentally filming a documentary [...] Hitler becomes a street sketch artist to earn money for the programme.

After returning to Berlin, Sawatzki introduces both Hitler and his programme idea to the MyTV station chiefs. The MyTV chairman, Katja Bellini (Katja Riemann), decides to use Hitler in one of the MyTV comedy shows. Before the show, Hitler learns about the Internet and uses the Web to learn about the modern world and prepare his return to politics. While on air, Hitler presents his old plans for world domination, but he unintentionally becomes a big comedy hit.

[...]

With the help of Bellini and Sawatzki, Hitler publishes a new autobiographical book about his new life in the 21st century, titled Er ist wieder da, and it becomes a bestseller. [...] Soon after, the book is turned into a film.

[...]

Once the work for his film finishes, Hitler senses that he is on the path to a political comeback. He is more popular than ever, and nationalist Germans give Hitler hope that Germany might be ready for his return to power.

How would the movie know what the reception to the movie be like, if the movie is still being made within the movie?

Hitler: Where's the rest of the movie?
Director: You are looking at now sir, everything you see happening now is happening now!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 12:14 pm

Drake wrote:
He'd get banned pretty quickly. There was a young nazi girl on Youtube once who built up quite a following before she got banned and her vids deleted.

I remember her.
She was the cutest Nazi ever. :lol:

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/