Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

razzio
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2017, 4:43 pm

Does anybody else have ocd a lot autism groups i go to theres few people with ocd. And are you getting help for it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jun 2017, 9:26 pm

I had/have it with a lot of various things. I take the med Neurontin/Gabapentin for it which helps a lot.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 10:11 pm

I had/have it with a lot of various things. I take the med Neurontin/Gabapentin for it which helps a lot.
________________________________________________________________________________________

the Dept of Rehab diagnosed me with OCD. and i discussed it with a counselor. but nobody prescribed meds.

although at this point, seriously considering meds. it's so hard to do anything nowadays.

what kind of positive and negative effects do your meds have? how much do they cost?

seriously though sometimes i wonder maybe there is just something profoundly wrong with me or something

i am so ashamed of myself seriously

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2017, 1:42 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
________________________________________________________________________________________

the Dept of Rehab diagnosed me with OCD. and i discussed it with a counselor. but nobody prescribed meds.

although at this point, seriously considering meds. it's so hard to do anything nowadays.

what kind of positive and negative effects do your meds have? how much do they cost?

seriously though sometimes i wonder maybe there is just something profoundly wrong with me or something

i am so ashamed of myself seriously
Counselors & Dept or Rehab may not be able to prescribe meds but I'm not sure.
I don't have as many obsessions & compulsions. I still have em but I can break em easier if I need/want to. I also don't overthink as much.
I haven't really noticed any negative effects besides feeling alittle harder to focus & maybe tired when I started it but I don't notice it now. It only cost me $1.20 for 3 months because I'm in the Medicare extra help program; Medicaid pays for me to be in a drug plan & I never pay more than $1.20 for a script.
I felt like that a lot in my life too. Researching & posting about things on forums helped me self-analyze & sort some things out. Also being on the rite meds for me but finding the rite 1s was a long process. I was seeing a psych for 5 years & didn't feel really better until I weaned myself off the meds. Years later I was having issues & realized I needed to try meds again. I researched meds for specif issues & factored in bad experiences I had with meds. I tried different meds out & that worked a lot better for me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 9:38 pm

Counselors & Dept or Rehab may not be able to prescribe meds but I'm not sure.
I don't have as many obsessions & compulsions. I still have em but I can break em easier if I need/want to. I also don't overthink as much.
I haven't really noticed any negative effects besides feeling alittle harder to focus & maybe tired when I started it but I don't notice it now. It only cost me $1.20 for 3 months because I'm in the Medicare extra help program; Medicaid pays for me to be in a drug plan & I never pay more than $1.20 for a script.
I felt like that a lot in my life too. Researching & posting about things on forums helped me self-analyze & sort some things out. Also being on the rite meds for me but finding the rite 1s was a long process. I was seeing a psych for 5 years & didn't feel really better until I weaned myself off the meds. Years later I was having issues & realized I needed to try meds again. I researched meds for specif issues & factored in bad experiences I had with meds. I tried different meds out & that worked a lot better for me.
____________________________________________________________________________________

the Dept of Rehab can't prescribe meds. it does not have medical degrees.

psychiatrists and medical doctors have a legal right to prescribe meds. all the other counselors only have a legal right to verbally tell off a client.

focusing. concentrating. paying attention. extremely difficult for me. numerous instructors have had the nerve to snap at me to pay attention.

tired. fatigued. exhausted. anemic.

seriously that would be a problem. last night slept 9pm to 6am, nine hours. usually sleep eight hours.

and almost all the time, feel totally exhausted. physically, mentally, and emotionally. for over a year, I have done almost nothing.

a lot of the time I am too tired/lazy/apathetic to even talk. sometimes sitting down takes too much energy, so I lie down instead.

when I was on Prozac, felt exhausted.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 10:07 pm

I have some OCD-type behaviors and rituals, but I was married to someone with diagnosed OCD and my OCD traits are pretty mild compared to that. 8O

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:26 am

I was marked down by an incompetent and presumptuous doctor as having OCD tendencies, though I don't really. He thought my movements were stereotypical but they weren't. I don't know what he was talking about and neither does my mom. He really exaggerated on that paper too, saying I needed to control my tics and stereotypical movements... another thing that upset me... who is he to tell me I need to CONTROL them?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 12:55 pm

I had severe OCD at one point. Thankfully, it has gotten a lot better :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine