Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2017, 5:02 pm

Anyone into these types of games?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 9:12 pm

I recently have been really into Dungeons and Dragons.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 5:49 am

I was in high school. It was an original world and my friend was the game master so it was easy to play. She created a group of 6 people and we played during every school break, after school and during school trips and we were also meting at our houses to play sometimes, even after we graduated. That was the first time I had a group of friends in my whole life.
But I couldn't play when someone else was game master and when we were supposed to play a system. My friend was accommodating to me and other GMs were just too strict. And it was difficult to take all the stats in consideration (my friends world accepted anything that made sense, without the need to do any math except of some dice roll for luck).

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 7:54 am

Bradleigh wrote:

I've been meaning to give D&D a shot myself - for the better part of a year, in fact. The whole concept of it just intrigues me.

monw
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 May 2017, 9:33 am

Bradleigh wrote:

If i may ask, what edition? my brother got me in with his group that runs 3.5.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 6:37 pm

monw wrote:
If i may ask, what edition? my brother got me in with his group that runs 3.5.

I have been doing the current version, 5th edition, It would be the one with game books easiest to get. From my understanding it is simplified compared to some of the earlier versions without making it too simple, I think some balancing of classes where some magic users were at a big disadvantage early on, and acting as a DM I can say that while there are a lot of rules to things it also says there is a lot at DM's discrection with being encouraged to do what makes a better story. A pretty cool show to watch/listen to is Critical Role where they have been playing 5e with a "bunch of nerdy ass voice actors", it is fun and can be easy to get a good idea of.

One of the games I am playing right now is an evil campaign. Got one player who is a bard spy of the snake people, another who is a hopeful necromancer, and I bring in a crazy Kobold team leader who is a minion to both an evil dragon and an ancient eldritch being (a warlock). I had heard bad things about the DM playing a hero, but I think as long as I don't play him like some power fantasy and that he pretty much needs to be babysat, I think it can work out.

Fturmine
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 May 2017, 2:11 pm

Hello me I play a 10 different role play and I made of the tabletop (of the role play without the dice allows + roleplay) I am French so I can have some error

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 3:39 pm

I have been learning to play D&D and Savage Worlds which are lots of fun. I have enjoyed playing for the inside jokes and creativity that forms.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 8:07 am

Lately I've been trying to DM some AD&D games (some old 2nd Edition Ravenloft adventures), and I feel like I'm starting to get pretty good at it.

I'd like to run more games with a different group, but it's hard to get everyone together...either people have to work, or they show apathy to the suggestion, or everyone argues because they hate something about a certain edition and will jump to a different game...only to find something to hate about that game and then endlessly cycle through them =)