Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

17 Aug 2017, 11:34 pm

Incendax wrote:
But I survived it, and you can too.

but I don't really care about not surviving.... that's what i've been trying to say...
but it doesn't matter, my adoptive parents are sending me down south to live with relatives.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 6:06 am

Couple of things: I'm type 1 too, and have similar problems / opportunities. As I understand it, from last insulin dose to death could be as much as six weeks. My favourite option is taking a large dose of insulin and swimming out to sea. While I've never been more than a few days from that option, I've got through more than thirty years with that as a safety net, and sometimes I even enjoy a day or two.

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

10 Sep 2017, 10:54 am

peterd wrote:
Couple of things: I'm type 1 too, and have similar problems / opportunities. As I understand it, from last insulin dose to death could be as much as six weeks. My favourite option is taking a large dose of insulin and swimming out to sea. While I've never been more than a few days from that option, I've got through more than thirty years with that as a safety net, and sometimes I even enjoy a day or two.

im not sure if it'd take 6 weeks to die. usually the effects of diabetic ketoacidosis set in after a couple of days.

Lisa.a
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Sep 2017, 9:32 am

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube wrote:
who the heck would want to survive if they were homeless though? i know i wouldn't

I can understand to a degree. I actually was homeless for several months during the summer and winter. I had to endure heat well into the upper 90s and freezing temperatures. I actually lived in my car so I at least had something to sleep in and store stuff in.

It was an awful experience and I never want to do that again. It made me severely depressed. Plus I had social anxiety, sensory issues, fighting for custody of my daughter, and other problems. I hit rock bottom and hard.

That was like 3 years ago. I got through it, but it wasn't easy. I've learned a lot since then.

I'd recommend contacting some organizations local to you to find help. There's emergency housing and different programs out there but it depends on where you live.

https://www.facebook.com/Lifewithaspergersyndrome/

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

18 Oct 2017, 1:39 pm

i don't care about dying.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 9:26 pm

People on the internet can be insensitive pr!cks. Ignore them.

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

05 Feb 2018, 3:43 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
People on the internet can be insensitive pr!cks. Ignore them.

i honestly should, but it's difficult sometimes.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 11:29 am

Your videos did not post

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com