Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

danieldoesnotexist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 May 2017, 2:22 am

This thread is for the discussion of all things metal. Talk about your favorite (or least favorite) albums, subgenre, anything really.
I'll start:
What is your favorite metal subgenre? Mine is doom metal. I love how evil and intense it sounds, like you are descending through hell. Sludge metal is also great (eyehategod is incredible).

wtf

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 8:07 am

Proud metalhead since the age of 12, began with Slipknot and Lamb of God, both of which I still listen to this day. I like almost all subgenres of metal, with the minor exception of most modern metalcore. My favorite subgenre lately has been progressive metal, though. Some of my favorite metal bands are the two aforementioned, Machine Head, Meshuggah, Dream Theater and Haken.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 3:54 am

<--- Old school here, so hook me up with some Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, System Of A Down, Metallica, Zebra, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple and I'll be okay.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 3:48 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
<--- Old school here, so hook me up with some Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, System Of A Down, Metallica, Zebra, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple and I'll be okay.

Interesting you should mention System of a Down. Compared to the other guys you listed, they're a bunch of young pups! Though I've always quite liked their bark:

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 11:48 pm

Favorite subgenre would probably be progressive or alternative. I also symphonic a lot, but all the bands kinda sound the same. Also a big fan of 2000's style melodeath like In Flames, Soilwork, and Scar Symmetry.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 6:11 am

I'm also in! Although probably not exactly a heavy metal lover.
Anybody into Ayreon?
From oldies my favorites are Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath.
Animals as Leaders, Blind Guardian, Katatonia, Moonspell, Slipknot, Stratovarius, Therion are the first to pop into my head. I like also folk metal bands like Korpiklaani and don't mind listening to blackmetal at all though I will most probably not play it myself.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 8:56 pm

Black Metal especially Atmospheric Black Metal forever. Panopticon forever.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 9:20 pm

I love metal. I am certainly a metalhead....

I like all kinds of metal, I don't have a specific type I stick to...there is just so much good stuff out there. Also I have found you can find some pretty cool music if you look into solo projects of band members you like. But yeah classic metal to newer kinds....I just love metal I don't care if it's new or old. Though it does annoy me when younger people try and say
black sabbath wasn't metal! or things like that because black sabbath started metal.

But just to remind. I am a metalhead and I will always be that I don't want to not be a metalhead so yeah, if people don't like it F**k them! And don't disrespect Dio.....I would have a hard time not going berzerk if someone wanted to talk crap on Dio.

danieldoesnotexist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jun 2017, 7:39 pm

thewrll wrote:
Black Metal especially Atmospheric Black Metal forever. Panopticon forever.

Panopticon is great. I really enjoyed Autumn Eternal.

wtf

dinosaur train is awesome
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jun 2017, 12:27 pm

Metalcore! Not many people consider it as real metal, but I'm one of the people that do. I mean come on, it literally says "metal" in the name! Some bands I listen to a lot are Bad Omens, The Amity Affliction, and The Gloom in the Corner. I don't have any particular favorites because my "favorites" are constantly changing anyways.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 11:44 pm

I really like folk metal...probably not the most popular sort of metal, but its awesome.

SharkSandwich211
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jun 2017, 7:53 am

There is so much metal to like!! !

I would have to say Thrash (Testament, Death Angel, The Crown) but then there is the Doom Metal side to me too. (Thunderstorm, old Anathema, Candlemass, Trouble, While Heaven Wept, Reverend Bizzare) ....the lists go on and on.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 11:28 am

SharkSandwich211 wrote:

I would have to say Thrash (Testament, Death Angel, The Crown) but then there is the Doom Metal side to me too. (Thunderstorm, old Anathema, Candlemass, Trouble, While Heaven Wept, Reverend Bizzare) ....the lists go on and on.

I love Anathema, both old and new!

SharkSandwich211
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jun 2017, 10:25 pm

komamanga wrote:
SharkSandwich211 wrote:

I love Anathema, both old and new!

Yeah I like the new stuff too!! ! I have tickets to see them in Baltimore on their current tour; I can't wait. Judgement by far my favorite album...lyrically crushing and musically just so beautiful. Great band!! !

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 9:47 pm

Although I don't really consider myself a strict metalhead. Metal makes up the majority of my music collection.

These days I lean toward Atmospheric Black Metal (Agalloch, Summoning, Saor, Lustre etc.)

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 12:19 pm

RushKing wrote:
Although I don't really consider myself a strict metalhead. Metal makes up the majority of my music collection.

These days I lean toward Atmospheric Black Metal (Agalloch, Summoning, Saor, Lustre etc.)

Again Panopticon forever.