29 is closing in and nothing is getting better for me

Page 4 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 2:29 am

Marknis wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I missed the starting gun, and before I was aware, the racetrack had been paved over into a parking lot.

I feel like metal spikes stabbed my feet into the ground and I am seeing everyone else racing away into the horizon while I struggle to move but I can't.

tell it, bro :bounce: :bounce:

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 10:29 am

auntblabby wrote:
Marknis wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I missed the starting gun, and before I was aware, the racetrack had been paved over into a parking lot.

I feel like metal spikes stabbed my feet into the ground and I am seeing everyone else racing away into the horizon while I struggle to move but I can't.

I suffer from neuropathy in my feet so I really do have pains in them. It sometimes feels like fire ants are biting my feet and there is no treatment for it.

I really hope I won't have to make a '30 is closing in' thread.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 8:05 pm

Marknis wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Marknis wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I suffer from neuropathy in my feet so I really do have pains in them. It sometimes feels like fire ants are biting my feet and there is no treatment for it. I really hope I won't have to make a '30 is closing in' thread.

do you have diabetes?

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 9:52 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Marknis wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Marknis wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I suffer from neuropathy in my feet so I really do have pains in them. It sometimes feels like fire ants are biting my feet and there is no treatment for it. I really hope I won't have to make a '30 is closing in' thread.

do you have diabetes?

I am pre-diabetic leaning towards type II. I am overweight (243 lbs at 5'11) so that's part of the problem. I also feel like that is partly why girls my age hate me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 10:02 pm

Marknis wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Marknis wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Marknis wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

do you have diabetes?

I am pre-diabetic leaning towards type II. I am overweight (243 lbs at 5'11) so that's part of the problem. I also feel like that is partly why girls my age hate me.

that is fixable, even though YMMV. I was also pre-diabetic/metabolic syndrome, fatty liver, obese. ticker trouble made me get the "diet or die" spiel from my doc, I cut out the foods she told me to cut out, and I no longer have those conditions. it is hard but doable.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 11:29 am

auntblabby wrote:
Marknis wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Marknis wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Marknis wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

do you have diabetes?

that is fixable, even though YMMV. I was also pre-diabetic/metabolic syndrome, fatty liver, obese. ticker trouble made me get the "diet or die" spiel from my doc, I cut out the foods she told me to cut out, and I no longer have those conditions. it is hard but doable.

Definitely easier said than done. I try to just eat meals and avoid snacks but they sneak in every now and then.

I sometimes get told to lower my standards but the people who tell me that are making assumptions about me. I am not looking for a supermodel or cheerleader. I would be happy with someone who is decently attractive but even the decently attractive girls tend to already have boyfriends or give me f**k off signals for whatever reason.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 2:11 pm

Although my romantic history has been extremely dry, I've been told by others, mostly older people, that they think girls are chasing me and I have to beat them off with a stick. If only that was true. :(

I remember some soldiers came to the school I went to (I think to encourage military enrollment) and one of them pointed me out because prom was coming up. He asked me what Zodiac sign I was, I told him I was a Leo, and he told some girls standing around that I would be good with money. They looked embarrassed at him and I felt awkward. Before he left, the soldier told me "You'll need to come out of that shell." I was already struggling with the depression I still suffer from kicking in so I felt daunted by his words instead of encouraged. I was once leaving the juvenile psychologist's clinic (I wasn't 18 yet) at the hospital my father used to work at and one of the women there said something about me would attract a girlfriend. Instead of being encouraged, I felt even more upset because if her words were so true, why wasn't it happening? An older man once told me I probably had no problem attracting girls but I told him that was not true. If anything, girls think I am gross and want me to go away.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 5:07 am

at least you can take some cold comfort in knowing you are far from the only one in this kind of situation.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 5:21 am

Marknis wrote:
Although my romantic history has been extremely dry, I've been told by others, mostly older people, that they think girls are chasing me and I have to beat them off with a stick. If only that was true. :(

I remember some soldiers came to the school I went to (I think to encourage military enrollment) and one of them pointed me out because prom was coming up. He asked me what Zodiac sign I was, I told him I was a Leo, and he told some girls standing around that I would be good with money. They looked embarrassed at him and I felt awkward. Before he left, the soldier told me "You'll need to come out of that shell." I was already struggling with the depression I still suffer from kicking in so I felt daunted by his words instead of encouraged. I was once leaving the juvenile psychologist's clinic (I wasn't 18 yet) at the hospital my father used to work at and one of the women there said something about me would attract a girlfriend. Instead of being encouraged, I felt even more upset because if her words were so true, why wasn't it happening? An older man once told me I probably had no problem attracting girls but I told him that was not true. If anything, girls think I am gross and want me to go away.

I read that as quite encouraging. There is something that you emanate that is inherently good and people can pick up on that.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:47 pm

My younger brother and his girlfriend just said they were getting engaged. It's just too much to keep living when I never make any progress while everyone else has left me behind. I should just kill myself now.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 6:36 am

one of the users on this site motivated me to lower my standards which I feel helped me finally end up in my first relationship last year, even though it was only 4 months.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 8:05 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
one of the users on this site motivated me to lower my standards which I feel helped me finally end up in my first relationship last year, even though it was only 4 months.

Unless you have unrealistic standards that is terrible advice to follow. Glad you only lasted 4 months though: I stayed almost 15 painful months in my first relationship before I know it was soon going to be a choice of either a mental asylum, jail or a breakup.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 12:52 pm

Someone please lock this thread. I am 29 now and the subject is no longer relevant.