Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 3:47 am

SixthTitan wrote:
Yeah,

I've never had any luck buying shirts in general.
Either they're showing too much, too loose, or too tight.

Just doesn't seem to be balanced.
Honestly, I don't even think these shirts were designed by woman.
Some of them are just really weird...

Like when I went to the clothing store last week, there was one shirt that caught my eye that was just way to much. It was full of white glitter, black colored shirt that said "Daddys Girl" on it.

I was honestly shocked to even see something like that, normally you'd see those in the teen's section but this was in the adult woman section!

The only place I find that has shirts that work for me, has always been Macy's and Long Tall Sally, I'm kind of a tall girl so a lot of stores don't seem to make shirts for tall woman. I guess the world expects you to be 4"11 or something.

I found a lot of good shirts and tops at Macy's and good jeans / shorts at Long Tall Sally.

No. The world expects women to all be skinny legged, straight hipped, and have 30" inseams. But if you do happen to be 4"11, apparently they also expect you to be overweight.

The Gap apparently also expects that women wear more than one shirt at a time. Additionally, they can't even make shirts that fir their own mannequins...they have to pin them back around the waste because they are too baggy in the mid section.

Look how low cut this is.

God forbid she drop her phone because she won't be able to bend down without giving everyone view of her breasts, and no teenaged girl would be able to wear this to school because it violates most school dress codes.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2017, 11:04 pm

Another problem I have with women's shirts is that they're too short so you run the risk of showing off your belly button, which is generally not acceptable for school or work. For me, I prefer shopping in the men's sections for shirts because they're longer.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 12:15 pm

I can't stand women's shirts because of the texture/feeling of them. I have a lot of "male" T-shirts, because I don't feel like I need to rip them off constantly 8O .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 3:40 pm

adoylelb90815 wrote:
Another problem I have with women's shirts is that they're too short so you run the risk of showing off your belly button, which is generally not acceptable for school or work. For me, I prefer shopping in the men's sections for shirts because they're longer.

Have you ever considered tunic length shirts? I got this at Rue21 and it's sooooo comfy:

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Crvena
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Aug 2017, 4:33 pm

Oh yes, quite a few issues in this category. It is very easy for me to see something off about how clothes look on me. I am very thin (skeleton, basically) but with a pear-shaped body. When I do find shirts that happen to suit, I will keep and cherish them for years. Length is usually a problem: they must cover my butt. On top of that: not be too tight, preferably a square neckline, no writing, be the right texture, not have stream lines that look odd going down the sides, have breathable and long-ish sleeves. I've begun buying short dresses and treating them as shirts. Jeans are a problem because they are often either too baggy around the top (due to thigh gap) or fine at the top and too tight at the bottom (leading to a painted-legs effect). It's further complicated by my terrible posture and tendency to walk on my heals (which makes most clothes look odd if I see myself in motion).

Luckily, most dresses work. I would wear long dresses every day of my life if it were convenient.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 6:58 pm

Chronos wrote:
God forbid she drop her phone because she won't be able to bend down without giving everyone view of her breasts, and no teenaged girl would be able to wear this to school because it violates most school dress codes.

She could bend her knees and gracefully lower herself into a squatting position, and then pick up the phone.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 4:08 pm

My sister wears clothes from the men's department. She finds women's clothing to be uncomfortable and too revealing. If I wear a t-shirt, it has to be from the men's department or be gender neutral. Women's t-shirts are not made well at all.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 4:11 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
My sister wears clothes from the men's department. She finds women's clothing to be uncomfortable and too revealing. If I wear a t-shirt, it has to be from the men's department or be gender neutral. Women's t-shirts are not made well at all.

Same here. Women's shirts to me are the equivalent of a million ants crawling on my skin and biting me (It doesn't actually feel like there are ants crawling on me- that's just a comparison lol :D !). They really don't feel good at all!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 12:49 pm

ladyelaine wrote:

Men's shirts make me feel like I'm suffocating or being swallowed by fabric. As far as quality goes it really depends on what you buy.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre