Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 12:28 am

Seriously I just can't take it...armpits are always too tight even if you go the next size up, and then of course it's too long to. Luckily with the job I am getting they provide work shirts which should just be the regular shirts not the women's shirts hopefully. But yeah I just cannot wear them they fit so ridiculous around my armpits and shoulders...I typically just wear regular gender neutral/male t-shirts.

Anyone other women here have trouble with womens clothing? Also that said I can wear womens pants in size 0, though they are still usually a little too long so I have to roll them up or cut them off at the bottom. I just really wish I could find another pair of cargo pants in my size because the ones I have are getting all worn out.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 1:16 am

i have to skip the womendepartements completely
no shoes there for me, how do they manage, oh the christine legardes will buy foreign
too short & too large pants and definately trash materials and sloppy assemblages for everything woman,
its made to last three washings at max, not for working?
is woman synonimous for office-job, alternatively braindead multipliers, huh :roll:
it's a fashion-able must, f-the-f

but in anything retail, they're returning to segregation and labelling you, if your not in their clientsplan, you're untouchable or mental, but their obvious lies that is all ok

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 6:20 am

I hate women's shirts because of the tailoring. They often have darts, one from the bottom that points at the nipple from below, one from the armpit that points at the nipple from the side. Why is this a thing? You don't see men's pants, say for example, tailored with a huge contoured sack in the front.
They sit weirdly on me. Which is a shame, as some women's shirts are nice and then no - they have nipple-darts.
More weirdly, I like women's pants better because they tend to be more straight up and down, and sit lower on the hips. Men's pants have this weird tendency to have big hips and tiny narrow waists that require sitting around the bottom of your ribcage. Inexplicable.

ammeavid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2017, 7:21 am

What kind of sleeves do the shirts you're buying have? Sometimes the sleeve shape can be what's uncomfortable. Also, to fix the length of your pants, I suggest hemming the bottoms (if you know how that is, if not, it's easy to learn or have your pants tailored).

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 8:46 am

They have different proportions for men, women, boys, and young men. You may want to try the different departments to see what fits best. Target is now trying unisex styling for kids, since you are small you may want to give that a try as well.

The few shirts I hemmed turned out pretty good. :D

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 2:40 pm

I usually wear men's shirts with short sleeves (like TV and movie shirts). In a men's t-shirt, I'm usually an XL, and as long as the sleeves aren't too long they fit just fine. I hate buying pants and I usually just wear leggings because I don't like the fabric of jeans. Those I get in the women's plus section.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jun 2017, 5:41 am

I have to wear tunics at work (pharmacy), women's fit, but luckily they have wide short sleeves. The only thing I hate about them is the fabric - it's mostly polyester (quite thick) and I feel like my skin can't breathe in it. 8hrs of wearing that thing and I feel kinda greasy, ewww. Wearing a cotton vest underneath doesn't help either.
Work uniforms suck.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 9:05 am

I usually find that shirts with exposed armpits end up hanging in such a way as to expose my bra. Which is fine if we're talking about well draped athletic-wear. But it's usually an otherwise cute sleeveless top intended to be worn with khakis.

If I were you, Sweetleaf, I'd just get my shirts tailored. Personally, I typically have to get my pants tailored. A good tailor can make a world of difference.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 2:07 pm

I wear women's shirts. Men's shirts always fit awkward on me.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 3:11 pm

i despise when the arms are too tight on the shoulder and don't give way for full arm movement. what happens if i want to climb a tree? or reach the top cabinet shelf for a cup? take off my shirt first?
i find this is more often the case with fitted jackets, though.

but my most hated women's clothing dilemma is pants that DON'T HAVE BIG ENOUGH POCKETS.
and to a lesser extent but still a problem, articles of clothing with FAKE POCKETS. not talking about the kind of pockets that are sewn shut but you can unseal them, no. just a zipper, or an extra hem, WHY. LIARS!

i think the little-to-no pocket problem is a scheme to get us to buy more purses.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 3:12 pm

cargo pants are awesome. as a short n tiny person myself i have found that some longer style cargo capris fit me as pants. children's clothing can work too. and size 0 "short" pants, which exist and are available sometimes.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 3:28 pm

Yeah, several times I've bought / worn men's clothes. I used to wear Dock Siders and, by accident, I got men's, and then when I went to get them, again, they automatically brought me women's, and I HATED them (I don't like where the vamp ends, on the women's shoe, it weirds-me-out).

Then, one time, at this place where I was a waitress, they gave me a man's jacket, by accident, and it fit, PERFECTLY----I always asked, specifically, for the men's jacket, after that.

My thing is, I'm so tall (5'11"), so women's stuff usually doesn't fall / hang right, on me, and the sleeves are always too short----also, men's shirts are often cheaper, than women's; so, right now, any time I can't find what I want in women's, I have absolutely no problem just going-across to the men's department. Also, I'm not very big (though I'm not as small as you are, SweetLeaf), and I would have to get a shirt in at least XL, for it to be long enough----whereas, in men's, I could get my size-equivalent.

P.S. If you don't mind purchasing things, online----here's size 0 cargo pants, at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dfashion-womens&field-keywords=cargo+pants%2C+size+0

I LOVE cargo pants, cuz I like having all those pockets, so I don't always have to carry my sack.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 6:36 pm

Quote:
but my most hated women's clothing dilemma is pants that DON'T HAVE BIG ENOUGH POCKETS.
and to a lesser extent but still a problem, articles of clothing with FAKE POCKETS. not talking about the kind of pockets that are sewn shut but you can unseal them, no. just a zipper, or an extra hem, WHY. LIARS!

UGH! YES! I hate that!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 7:49 pm

BetwixtBetween wrote:
I usually find that shirts with exposed armpits end up hanging in such a way as to expose my bra. Which is fine if we're talking about well draped athletic-wear. But it's usually an otherwise cute sleeveless top intended to be worn with khakis.

If I were you, Sweetleaf, I'd just get my shirts tailored. Personally, I typically have to get my pants tailored. A good tailor can make a world of difference.

Well I mostly just wear t-shirts of bands and things I like and those fit just fine and are comfortable....but yeah if I wanted anything more fitted that might be the way to go, I'd just think it is kind of expensive.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 7:51 pm

BetwixtBetween wrote:
Quote:

UGH! YES! I hate that!

Yeah the pocket thing annoys me to, I hate not having pockets I can use....why even put a fake pocket, lol?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 7:56 pm

If you find something that fits nicely but can't stand the color or pattern, you may be able to find more attractive colors on ebay. You do have to be careful though, as brands aren't always consistent with sizes.