Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 7:56 pm

If you find something that fits nicely but can't stand the color or pattern, you may be able to find more attractive colors on ebay. You do have to be careful though, as brands aren't always consistent with sizes.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 8:03 am

I have a broad chest with low set boobs (not saggy though) so most darted blouses and stuff just look frumpy on me.
I can live easily in shell tops. I occasionally like regular unisex tees but I find them tight around the neck and sometimes too thick to wear in summer. I'm not game to wear any skinny fit tops since I have an eternal food baby out front. I need stuff that flatters the stomach

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:47 pm

My upper body is wide but I have very small hips. I have at least two pairs of jeans and one pair of shorts that are always sliding down embarrassingly for this reason. I thought about getting a belt but finding one that fits and doesn't cost a fortune has been nearly impossible lately.

EverythingAndNothing
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2017, 7:58 pm

Quote:
i despise when the arms are too tight on the shoulder and don't give way for full arm movement. what happens if i want to climb a tree? or reach the top cabinet shelf for a cup? take off my shirt first?

This is my biggest issue. I hate that I can't do anything in women's clothing. Skirts, dresses, strapless tops, tight shirts, bras, heels.. I feel like I have to alter every movement that I make in order to suit the clothes that I'm wearing. I find it much better to stick to t-shirts and jeans where I can do as I please.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 4:42 am

I don't like the restricted feeling of shirts and prefer if garments allow for movement. Ive bought some nice shirts in the past but almost never wear them as the stiff tugging of the fabric gives me a feeling similar to claustrophobia.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 4:35 pm

I never feel comfortable in a lot of tops/t-shirts of various cuts. I'm small but my shoulders are wide and my skin is hyper-sensitive. In fact, I'm uncomfortable to some degree in all clothing. The moment my attention is drawn to some minor irritation, it stays. Generally feel constricted in your average circle neckline shirt, but other looser options like v-necks are a massive no on grounds that I hate the cut. The top half of me mostly lives in vests, or jumpers.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:40 pm

I find most women's clothing unwearable. As others pointed out, the shirts are often too tight in the arms/armpits. Another issue I have is the shirts are often too low cut...even the "modest ones". If I'm lucky I can occasionally find shirts that don't gape when I bend over at Target, but they are usually not available year round and I end up having to buy men's shirts. I think it's unfair that so many girls get sent home from school for violating dress codes when it's almost impossible for them to find girls/women's clothing that wouldn't violate the dress code. Many school dress codes prohibit girls from wearing clothes that even show collar bones, and my collar bones show with even when I'm wearing a regular crew neck women's T-Shirt.

I also have difficulty finding pants that fit right. I am not straight hipped or skinny legged, as most jeans these days seem to be made, so if they are big enough to get over my legs and hips, they are too big in the waste. it seems that women's jeans are made more for women with male phenotypes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:03 pm

When I find the neck of a T-shirt too tight I just cut it myself to give more room...certainly has helped with some of my shirts.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:07 pm

Chronos wrote:
I find most women's clothing unwearable. As others pointed out, the shirts are often too tight in the arms/armpits. Another issue I have is the shirts are often too low cut...even the "modest ones". If I'm lucky I can occasionally find shirts that don't gape when I bend over at Target, but they are usually not available year round and I end up having to buy men's shirts. I think it's unfair that so many girls get sent home from school for violating dress codes when it's almost impossible for them to find girls/women's clothing that wouldn't violate the dress code. Many school dress codes prohibit girls from wearing clothes that even show collar bones, and my collar bones show with even when I'm wearing a regular crew neck women's T-Shirt.

I also have difficulty finding pants that fit right. I am not straight hipped or skinny legged, as most jeans these days seem to be made, so if they are big enough to get over my legs and hips, they are too big in the waste. it seems that women's jeans are made more for women with male phenotypes.

I have the problem sometimes that I can't pull the pants past my calves....I wear size 0 but yeah sometimes they think you must be a toothpick, granted I have always had kind of enlarged calf muscles. That aside though usually the pants are a bit too long even in size 0 so I have to fold them up or cut them. They should make a size 0 short, or something.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:11 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Chronos wrote:

I have the problem sometimes that I can't pull the pants past my calves....I wear size 0 but yeah sometimes they think you must be a toothpick, granted I have always had kind of enlarged calf muscles. That aside though usually the pants are a bit too long even in size 0 so I have to fold them up or cut them. They should make a size 0 short, or something.

They are typically too long for me as well. I need a 29" inseam but the shortest I can usually find is 30"

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:37 pm

Hemming pants isn't too difficult or expensive to have done.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 12:05 am

BTDT wrote:
Hemming pants isn't too difficult or expensive to have done.

It costs a good fraction of the cost of the pants. Personally I think fashion designers need to stop using people who represent 0.001% of the population to design clothes for the other 99.999% of the population.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 8:42 am

In the WSJ I read about a company that started selling bras in half sizes. But, specialty sizes aren't going to be cheap.

There is a way to get "free" alterations. Levis jeans are typically sold in such large quantities that, with the filters on ebay, I can find my inseam and waist size, even though they are smaller than what you can buy in any store.

SixthTitan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jul 2017, 10:52 am

Yeah,

I've never had any luck buying shirts in general.
Either they're showing too much, too loose, or too tight.

Just doesn't seem to be balanced.
Honestly, I don't even think these shirts were designed by woman.
Some of them are just really weird...

Like when I went to the clothing store last week, there was one shirt that caught my eye that was just way to much. It was full of white glitter, black colored shirt that said "Daddys Girl" on it.

I was honestly shocked to even see something like that, normally you'd see those in the teen's section but this was in the adult woman section!

The only place I find that has shirts that work for me, has always been Macy's and Long Tall Sally, I'm kind of a tall girl so a lot of stores don't seem to make shirts for tall woman. I guess the world expects you to be 4"11 or something.

I found a lot of good shirts and tops at Macy's and good jeans / shorts at Long Tall Sally.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 1:27 pm

As I've mentioned before, I'm a jeans and t-shirt woman, and if other people don't like it, screw them. What makes me relaxed and comfortable is more important, I don't live in North Korea, and it's not like jeans and t-shirts can't be as stylish as they are practical.

I once heard that cross-dressing males and drag queens love women's clothing, even the kind even most NT women hate, because of all the many different colors and styles and textures, while men's clothing is too boring. I can sort of see what they mean, but it doesn't change how I feel, or how the clothes feel. Fine then, they can wear the terror-inducing pantyhose, the cold, slippery satin, and the foot-butchering high heels, and leave the t-shirts, jeans and sneakers for ME! Mwah ha ha! :twisted:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 3:47 am

SixthTitan wrote:
Yeah,

I've never had any luck buying shirts in general.
Either they're showing too much, too loose, or too tight.

Just doesn't seem to be balanced.
Honestly, I don't even think these shirts were designed by woman.
Some of them are just really weird...

Like when I went to the clothing store last week, there was one shirt that caught my eye that was just way to much. It was full of white glitter, black colored shirt that said "Daddys Girl" on it.

I was honestly shocked to even see something like that, normally you'd see those in the teen's section but this was in the adult woman section!

The only place I find that has shirts that work for me, has always been Macy's and Long Tall Sally, I'm kind of a tall girl so a lot of stores don't seem to make shirts for tall woman. I guess the world expects you to be 4"11 or something.

I found a lot of good shirts and tops at Macy's and good jeans / shorts at Long Tall Sally.

No. The world expects women to all be skinny legged, straight hipped, and have 30" inseams. But if you do happen to be 4"11, apparently they also expect you to be overweight.

The Gap apparently also expects that women wear more than one shirt at a time. Additionally, they can't even make shirts that fir their own mannequins...they have to pin them back around the waste because they are too baggy in the mid section.

Look how low cut this is.

God forbid she drop her phone because she won't be able to bend down without giving everyone view of her breasts, and no teenaged girl would be able to wear this to school because it violates most school dress codes.