Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 7:27 pm

If you have alot of white hair, do you want to keep coloring it if you have problems going to the salon? I'm wondering what I should do with my hair.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 7:29 pm

can't you color it at home? it's kind of easy. i used to dye my hair at home.

ammeavid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2017, 7:41 pm

If it's difficult to get to the salon, box dye is cheaper and easy to use with proper instruction. It can easily produce the same results. There are also products for temporary root touch ups if you don't have time to re-dye.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 7:57 pm

Try to find a herbal or non-toxic hair dye if you decide to try dyeing it yourself.
I don't like the idea of you putting all those chemicals on your head where they're near your eyes and you can breathe them in. :?

HermioneG
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2017, 8:09 pm

If you don't mind a permanent color, henna could be an option for you. Just be warned that you'll smell a bit like cooked spinach for a week or two after. lol :) And you'll want to use old clothes and towels and wear gloves unless you want really orange hands, etc.

Personally, I think I'll just let my silvers flow free when I finally get to where I have many of them. No one "has" to color their hair. Personal choice and all that.

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
~Unofficially diagnosed but fairly certain based on personal research that I am an Aspie~

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 8:31 pm

I'm almost 47 if I don't color my hair, I would save money & I have Psoriasis on my head. The place where I get my hair done, they don't use chemicals, I get my shampoo & conditioner there.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 8:54 pm

I've dyed it before when I was younger, with the box stuff. It's easily done - just mix them together usually, rub into your hair and wait the specified time, then rinse out. But it's too much fuss, I find. You have to keep it up and it looks weird wen it's growing out. Someone said to me "you'll think differently when you start getting grey hairs" - Nope. Still too much bother. If you've got a lot of white hairs tough, maybe you could get streaks done? You'd have to go to the salon but not as often, and it can look quite nice blending the white hairs in. Older people with obviously artificial full colour hair often look worse than letting it white out.