Keith Richards, Wife auctioning items to help Autisti Adults

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2017, 12:01 am

Keith Richards auction to benefit Ridgefield charities

Quote:
The legendary Rolling Stones guitarist and his wife, Patti Hansen, who live in Weston, are donating items from their upper East Side Manhattan apartment to benefit two nonprofits that work with autistic adults.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 10:16 am

That's a very constructive thing to do with your excess stuff. Better than merely throwing it away.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 4:10 am

Good on him!

He stayed in my city a while back to recuperate from falling out of a coconut tree, in privately owned mansion that accommodates well-healed guests wanting privacy in an exclusive setting, just up the road from where I live. He painted while he was there, which was some weeks. Before leaving he signed the pictures, gave them to the owners, as a thank you and the rest for auction for good causes.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 9:41 am

That's very good news. What a Sweet Pea.

Sweet Pea dance Image

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 4:19 am

Keith Richards auction nets $100,000

Quote:
Three pieces of French artwork and a Persian carpet from Keith Richards’ apartment in the Upper East Side were the big sellers at an auction held in Hudson, N.Y, last weekend.

The sales will bring more than $100,000 to two Ridgefield nonprofits — SPHERE and The Prospector Theater — by the end of the summer.

“The Prospector Theater was built to answer the great demand for employment options for individuals with disabilities, including the one out of 68 children who have been identified with some form of autism spectrum disorder (ASD),” said founder Valerie Jensen.

SPHERE Website

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman