Page 1 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 6:14 pm

I hope it turns out that you really dig the guy.

And that he digs you, too.

Then you could watch movies and have popcorn together.

If he asks for sex and you don't want it, don't give in.

Hopefully, he's the virtuous type, though.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 12:26 am

I met up with him again and he seems so different irl. He seems to be show a more vulnerable side when I talk to him online and I feel attracted to him. When I see him in person though I don't really feel any attraction. He doesn't seem as genuine in person as he does online. I started to ask him some more personal questions like how his childhood was and why he was bitter (he said he was bitter in one of the questions) and the answers he gave me were just really vague. I feel confused about it and also feel kind of bad because it seems like there's finally someone who is interested after they meet me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 2:08 am

You feel attracted to an image/idea of him you created in your head - not the real him.

What you see in person is the real him.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 3:50 pm

Yeah, but it might be possible that he's acts differently on dates than he normally does.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 4:23 pm

He probably doesn't have this online presence becuase he is not living his life online.

I agree with others, don't get too attached with an idea of a person and also what you think your ideal is. Botth of those things can be wrong.

Everything is relative, it is possible he could have difficulty connecting to people on some level. However that doesn't mean you will automatically be able to relate not that you have to in every way.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 5:07 pm

I don't understand the first sentence.

I try not to set a lot of standards, but I don't think I can help who I'm attracted to. I wish there was a way to make myself like the guys that seem interested. Most of the guys that I'm attracted to don't like me.

Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 7:43 pm

slw1990 wrote:
I started to ask him some more personal questions like how his childhood was and why he was bitter

i don't think i would answer this question until i dated someone a long time, but that's just me

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 1:42 pm

He texted me asking if I want to hang out again. I told him that I wasn't sure how I felt and that I feel interested in him online, but not when I'm with him in person. Then he asked me why and I told him that he seems more opened and genuine online. I feel kind of bad because I gave him my number and feel like maybe I led him on or something.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 6:12 pm

Do you feel interested in him?

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 8:27 pm

I'm not sure. I mentioned to him that I'm really tired during the week and talk even less and then he doesn't seem very interested after I told him that. Then he asked about things that interest me and I already told him what some of my hobbies were, but he doensn't seem to think I have any interests. He tells me that I don't really talk abou them or are very passionate about a lot of things.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 9:36 pm

Even though I'm not sure if I'm interested, he seemed like he was more accepting of awkwardness than most people. It seems like I'm too awkward for even other people who are awkward.

I think something is really wrong. I've been on dates with about 22 different guys in my lifetime and have never even been kissed. I'm not sure what to do about it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 4:50 am

slw1990 wrote:
Even though I'm not sure if I'm interested, he seemed like he was more accepting of awkwardness than most people. It seems like I'm too awkward for even other people who are awkward.

I think something is really wrong. I've been on dates with about 22 different guys in my lifetime and have never even been kissed. I'm not sure what to do about it.

I am sure this guy would have kissed you; if you had accepted him.

So I don't think you have a problem in attracting guys, your problem is finding someone compatible for your liking.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 4:52 am

886 wrote:
slw1990 wrote:
I started to ask him some more personal questions like how his childhood was and why he was bitter

i don't think i would answer this question until i dated someone a long time, but that's just me

To me is like asking me to open a can of worms.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 9:33 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
slw1990 wrote:

So I don't think you have a problem in attracting guys, your problem is finding someone compatible for your liking.

I don't think so because he still seemed interested after I told him that I didn't know how I felt. When I told him about how I'm even more quiet during the week that's when it seemed like he started to lose interest.

I don't think that's it because usually after I meet up with a guy I don't hear from them again or they lose interest after the second date. I think there really must be something wrong with me for this to happen so much. I don't always contact them either after we meet, but I feel like if they were interested they would contact after we met.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 1:31 am

slw1990 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
slw1990 wrote:

I don't think so because he still seemed interested after I told him that I didn't know how I felt. When I told him about how I'm even more quiet during the week that's when it seemed like he started to lose interest.

I don't think that's it because usually after I meet up with a guy I don't hear from them again or they lose interest after the second date. I think there really must be something wrong with me for this to happen so much. I don't always contact them either after we meet, but I feel like if they were interested they would contact after we met.

Guys also can sense non-interest, when that happens, many of us don't contact the girl again.

But it's possible they lost interest too like you said.

I have an idea! Why don't you text those who stopped contacting you just after the 1st/2nd date and ask them straight why they lost interest? They may think the question is weird and silly, but you shouldn't care; you won't see them anymore anyway.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 1:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
slw1990 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
slw1990 wrote:

Guys also can sense non-interest, when that happens, many of us don't contact the girl again.

But it's possible they lost interest too like you said.

I have an idea! Why don't you text those who stopped contacting you just after the 1st/2nd date and ask them straight why they lost interest? They may think the question is weird and silly, but you shouldn't care; you won't see them anymore anyway.

I sent messages to a few of them saying that it was nice to meet them afterwards in case they thought that, but they would usually send a polite message back and that would be the end of it.

Maybe I could try, but they might take it that I'm trying to win them over or something because it's happened before. I also feel like they might not tell the whole truth and sugar coat instead.