Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 10:25 pm

...This really relates to that " Censoring Bad Words ? " thread , but I can't find it so...
Tom Jones's record " What's New Pussycat " was discussed (It was the theme song to a movie) with someone projecting more the " naughty " meaning on it - As someone else said , a double entendre was probably intended by the 60s authors - but I discovered another " p**** " song on my Pandora ! From WAAYY further back .
I discovered a 1930s record, a Western Swing band called The Light Crust Doughboys , doing a song called " We Found The Young Girl's p**** " !
They keep repeating " p**** p**** p**** ! " and " meowww ! " and imitating a female voice . I'm on my little smartphone and can't put a link up but...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 3:39 am

There was the early 1980's new wave group "Killer p****" who had a song that was played on the radio "Teenage Enema Nurses In Bondage" with the immortal line "there are no vacations, just evacuations"

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 4:00 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...This really relates to that " Censoring Bad Words ? " thread , but I can't find it so...
Tom Jones's record " What's New Pussycat " was discussed (It was the theme song to a movie) with someone projecting more the " naughty " meaning on it - As someone else said , a double entendre was probably intended by the 60s authors - but I discovered another " p**** " song on my Pandora ! From WAAYY further back .
I discovered a 1930s record, a Western Swing band called The Light Crust Doughboys , doing a song called " We Found The Young Girl's p**** " !
They keep repeating " p**** p**** p**** ! " and " meowww ! " and imitating a female voice . I'm on my little smartphone and can't put a link up but...

Very interesting.

Pre, and early post war, hillbilly, and country country was often naughty. Early roots R+B of the same era was often overflowing with drug and or sexual double entendre.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Jun 2017, 4:47 pm

I heard that song years ago on the radio 1ce & really liked it it. Here's the the song :arrow:

Here's an old song I just found on YouTube(it came on after the other song). It's by Robert Crumb & His Cheap Suit Serenaders called My Girl's P#ssy :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 5:41 pm

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 6:40 pm

...That's a different song from the one I referred to...Maybe mine was a follow-up to to that one!! !! !! !! !! !

"]I heard that song years ago on the radio 1ce & really liked it it. Here's the the song :arrow:

Here's an old song I just found on YouTube(it came on after the other song). It's by Robert Crumb & His Cheap Suit Serenaders called My Girl's P#ssy :arrow:

[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 8:57 pm

"Minnie the Moocher," by Cab Calloway, had plenty of drug references---both wrapped up in euphemism and direct.

A "pussycat," in the 1960s, was an affectionate term for a girlfriend or wife. Especially if she was younger than the man.

Of course "What's New Pussycat" was also a double-entendre, and contained double-entendres in the lyrics--and the girls liked it so much that they threw panties at Tom Jones while he was singing it, and other songs.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 1:12 am

nick007 wrote:
I heard that song years ago on the radio 1ce & really liked it it. Here's the the song :arrow:

Robert Crumb is a riot-and-a-half! Admittedly, I've only known him for his underground comics.