Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kythe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jun 2017, 5:26 pm

This doesn't happen all the time, but at random I'll find that I have a lot of difficulty gripping with my hands. Sometimes I'll just suddenly drop something I'm holding and it's really annoying if it's a glass of water or a plate of food because it involves a huge cleanup. Once I dropped a 1 liter stainless steel water bottle that was full on my foot and suffered nerve damage that took a long time to heal from. This can impair my ability to open packages without a knife or scissors(which I might also have difficulty gripping). I enjoy knitting and crocheting in my spare time, but that's not really possible when I get these hand issues. It's not just that my hands suddenly feel weak, but it's also that I feel I can't grip because it's painful. Yet I find that I can't really put into words what kind of pain it is, which is strange for me because as someone that suffers from chronic pain and illness, I'm usually pretty good at describing what sort of pain I'm feeling.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this problem to doctors at some point, but I can't remember what if anything was said about it. I have had all sorts of imaging done of my brain and neck. I've had nerve conduction tests done of all of my limbs more than once. Tests seem to be fine.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jun 2017, 11:32 pm

Did you have any nerve test in your arms & hands :?: That might be worth a look if you haven't.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kythe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jun 2017, 11:35 pm

Yes, I mentioned that towards the end of my post. I've actually had it done more than once, and it always comes back fine.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jun 2017, 11:44 pm

Kythe wrote:
Yes, I mentioned that towards the end of my post. I've actually had it done more than once, and it always comes back fine.
I must of skipped a few words. I'm sorry. I'll have to think about this some but it sure is odd.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition