Details of Russian Hacking in Leaked NSA Document

Page 1 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 11:53 pm

They can't call the document a fake, now that they've charged the leaker. She has apparently admitted it.

The original story is on The Intercept, but it's all over the news. It's very specific, even after the paper redacted some words at the NSA's request.

Phishing got them into a company which manages voter registration, which enabled them to send official-looking messages to local election officials. The consequences of the spearphishing attack weren't clear.

What is clear is that the orders came from a specific named person inside the GRU, and the operation was probably even staged by them directly.

The. Russian. Government. Hacked. Our. Election. OK?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 12:16 am

No link? No quotes? Usually a news story that's being presented here comes with those things.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 1:04 am

It's all over the news. You're clever enough to know The Intercept, and whether you'd prefer them or another source for the story. That's true of the rest of the people here. If it's a small story, I'll post a link. If every outlet has a report on it, why bother? Some people will waste time arguing about whether a source is legitimate, and even do so inconsistently based on whether they like the information. Nah, for big stories, find your own source.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 1:31 am

"Go fish" is always a poor way to present news stories. If I did that with schoolwork I'd get an F -. There should be a rule agaist it.

Anyways here I'll do it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top ... -election/

Quote:
While the document provides a rare window into the NSA’s understanding of the mechanics of Russian hacking, it does not show the underlying “raw” intelligence on which the analysis is based

Looks like the same kinda lacking substace trying to sound like something of substance stuff I have seen from the beginning.

It provides a rare window into how the NSA pieces things together without showing you any of the pieces.

This is how Joesph Smith started Mormonism. He wouldn't show anyone the actual magical book he was translating from, but he sure as hell convinced millions that it's real"

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 10:49 am

Your aversion to research is showing.

Jacob never answered this question, but maybe you would like to show a little integrity and state what evidence you would accept.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 Jun 2017, 11:34 am

Unnamed sources again? Phishing is not a sophisticated hacking technique necessitating the involvement of the GRU, in fact it's completely passive and reliant on the poor security practices of its target. Look at your spam folder, it's not the work of Russian intelligence. Were you smart enough to click on any of them? Congratulations, you are smarter than average Democrat! The idea that Vladimir Putin was personally directing spam emails I think is just completely laughable. :lol: Remember this, John Podesta's password was literally "password" and that was the default that he didn't change for over 2 years. Saying this guy was "hacked" is honestly stupid. The media has played on the fact that most people are pretty computer illiterate and have a totally warped stupid view of hackers.

top secret video of elite GRU Spetznaz hacker

We know from CIA documents given to Wikileaks that they can alter the "forensics" of their hacks, meaning they can make it look like the Russians hack the Chinese and vice versa and any other possible combination. Not only do they have this tool but so do other governments/intelligence agencies but also criminal syndicates and anybody that have the know-with-all to get it.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 11:42 am

A full confession from DJT? Is that the lower limit of your credibility?

You seem to want everything declassified and made public, but that doesn't seem at all likely. Even if they named the specific sources (which would cripple future information gathering), you wouldn't recognize the names or have any way to verify them.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 11:48 am

I will never believe tabloid nonsense that never goes anywhere, do you seriously believe that Russia is the reason that Hillary lost the election?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 11:51 am

Questions are a two-way street. Also, you continue to ignore that I laid out my suspicions in detail.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 12:06 pm

I've answered everything so I don't know what you are talking about, fostering better relations with Russia isn't a bad thing so and the entire insinuation of 'collusion' makes no sense. Collude how? Russia preferred Trump over Clinton and wanted relief from sanctions, there's nothing insidious in simply supporting their self interests as many many other countries do. As always mentioned, it is the US that meddles with almost every election on the planet so once again the rest of the planet is rolling their eyes at us.

Russia wasn't the reason Hillary gave up campaigning in Wisconsin and Michigan. It only happened exactly the way I said it was going to happen the entire time, you have to admit it that I called it right when everybody else was wrong. Blaming Wikileaks for Hillary losing is stupid because the only reason those emails were of interest was because of the corruption/collusion it exposed in the DNC and the media.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 12:08 pm

What evidence would you accept?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 12:17 pm

The main reason I am skeptical is that it makes the KGB look like the most stupid hackers in the world that get caught at everything. Maybe Mossad did it and got the US press and Democrates to pin it on Russia. Insane conspiracy theory maybe, but more plausable. Israel wanted Trump to win and Mossad is really good at computers and disinformation.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 06 Jun 2017, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 12:23 pm

There has to be a there there for me before I care about any of this 'evidence' from second hand accounts from unnamed sources which have repeatedly been exposed as fake news, just being computer literate I think really makes the sensationalism on the story so unbelievable.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 12:27 pm

Jacoby wrote:
There has to be a there there for me before I care about any of this 'evidence' from second hand accounts from unnamed sources which have repeatedly been exposed as fake news, just being computer literate I think really makes the sensationalism on the story so unbelievable.

Got a good belly laugh out of that video.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 12:28 pm

Not an answer.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 12:46 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Not an answer.

You're trying to ask a loaded question, what evidence I would believe only matters if I actually believe any wrongdoing took place to begin with. Just the insinuation doesn't prove anything and never will, you give authority and put trust in these so called intelligence agencies but they're proven liars who have been stacked to the brim with ideologues over the last 30+ years. I will never put trust into this bed of snakes, for people so paranoid about the KGB they seem they forget that they had equal counterpart who actually won out in the end.

I think the idea that we have factions within the government that are above the law and can spy on anybody to be highly disturbing, they're spying not just on regular people but also US Senators, Supreme Court Justices, and the president himself for the purpose of preventing him from doing his job. Is this actually a democracy, is it actually a free country? People are letting their rage at Trump blind them from the massive corruption and abuse of power that has become the norm in recent administrations.