Details of Russian Hacking in Leaked NSA Document

Page 5 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 9:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Pence would become President should Trump be impeached and convicted.

I am glad you are aware of the chain of command, many are not and simply believe Clinton will take command.

kraftiekortie wrote:
Always keep in mind that "impeached" only means "indicted." Clinton was impeached and acquitted.

I am aware an conviction would have to be made in order to forcibly remove someone from office. It doesn't change the fact, that is the ultimate goal that many are aiming for. But this is getting into a different topic, especially on Clinton's impeachment where senate was just merely voting with party (All 45 Democrats Voted Not Guilty on Both Charges). Yet Clinton was cited for contempt of court by FDJ Susan Wright. Also settled out of court with Jones for $850,000.

But even Clinton his self admits to perjury...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 10:26 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Always keep in mind that "impeached" only means "indicted." Clinton was impeached and acquitted.

And think about how long ago that was. Back then I'm sure it was a huge deal. Now it's ancient history. Things come and go. People need to chill.

That 2nd video of Clinton lol.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 11:30 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

It is amazing to me that so many people think impeaching Trump means he is removed from office. We really need to start teaching civics again. The House of Representatives brings articles of impeachment by majority vote. In the Senate the impeached official is tried for those articles of impeachment. A two thirds majority of those present is needed to convict the official.

Lets talk reality here. I hear all this talk about the Democrats winning both Houses of Congress and "Impeaching Trump". First of all in the next mid term election in the Senate 25 Democrates are up for election and only 8 Republcans are up for relection. In the House everybody is up for reelection. So if Trump continues to slide in popularity maybe the Democrates gain control of House but the Republicans still will likely gain seats in the Senate. Let's say Trump support completly collapses he strarts foaming at the mouth during speeches and shoots people on fifth avenue and the Dems gain control of both houses of congress. The House will almost certainly bring articles of impeachment but you are still going to need a bunch of Republicans to vote to convict him.

Removing him via the 25th amendment is even more convoluted. Reality is barring an major health crises or mental difficulties much much more then is already obvoius the next plausable chance of removing him is the 2020 election.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 11:48 am

We'll have to see how this investigation into Russian collusion in our election proceeds. It's possible that the results could be Watergate like; it's possible that all charges leveled at Trump will be debunked.

There are many Republicans who don't really care for Trump---but for different reasons than the Democrats. Some Republicans don't think Trump "goes far enough" as far as health care is concerned. At least some of these conservatives think that Trump is morally debased.

We shall see. It could end up either way, in my opinion.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 2:12 pm

Comey's Opening Statement

Quote:
In that context, prior to the January 6 meeting, I discussed with the FBI’s
leadership team whether I should be prepared to assure President-Elect Trump that
we were not investigating him personally. That was true; we did not have an open
counter-intelligence case on him.
We agreed I should do so if circumstances
warranted. During our one-on-one meeting at Trump Tower, based on PresidentElect
Trump’s reaction to the briefing and without him directly asking the
question, I offered that assurance.

Quote:
I explained that we had briefed the leadership of Congress on
exactly which individuals we were investigating and that we had told those
Congressional leaders that we were not personally investigating President Trump.
I reminded him I had previously told him that. He repeatedly told me, “We need
to get that fact out.”

As for the rest of the one on one conversations:

Quote:
The FBI leadership team agreed with me that it was important not to infect
the investigative team with the President’s request, which we did not intend to
abide. We also concluded that, given that it was a one-on-one conversation, there
was nothing available to corroborate my account.

But even then, here on 5-8-2016. This contradicts his memos:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 3:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
We'll have to see how this investigation into Russian collusion in our election proceeds. It's possible that the results could be Watergate like; it's possible that all charges leveled at Trump will be debunked.

There are many Republicans who don't really care for Trump---but for different reasons than the Democrats. Some Republicans don't think Trump "goes far enough" as far as health care is concerned. At least some of these conservatives think that Trump is morally debased.

We shall see. It could end up either way, in my opinion.

I do not think Watergate like gets him removed. While the words trial and conviction are used impeachment is a political process not a legal one. I am positive Republican congresspeople loathe Trump and want Pence to president for many reasons. If they want to keep thier job they have to deal with a large segment of Republican voters. 96 percent of Trump voters would vote for him again despite the 2 years of relentless negative news that would have doomed any polition previous to 2015 dozens of times over.

What would it take to pry them away from him in enough numbers so Republican Senators would vote to convict? I am not sure him foaming at mouth or shooting people on fifth avenue would do it. Those pictures would be viewed as fake news created by a Trump hating media and the deep state at this point. That is where we are now. The vast majority of voters would be appaled and his approval ratings would be the lowest in history should those images emerge but that is not the voters that matter to Republican congress people. They would be faced with a choice of political suicide in the primaries or the general election if things go to that extreme.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 6:38 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Even if a 4 year old could hack Podesta's emails, that hardly means doing it was justifiable. That's like saying, a 4 year old could have broken into my apartment.

No one that I know of is saying it was justified based on its simplicity. What is being said, is the way the apartment was broken into was so simplistic (let's say a spare key was used) that anyone, even a 4 year old could have done it.

Still, it sounds as if the DNC is being blamed for getting hacked.

Well that wouldn't be saying the scam was excusable. It is though pointing out cause and effect. There was woeful negligence and ignorance when it came to security measures. They do therefore share part of the blame.

Is a girl who gets raped to blame because she was wearing a short skirt?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 6:42 pm

SH90 wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Ignoring this hack would also be a problem. Acting like Russia's all cool, when they clearly aren't.

Cold War never ended or so it seems... But I don't think they are ignoring it.

Arresting Reality Winning and the applicable search warrant. Is standard procedure because she committed a crime (separate from the hacks) and violated her security clearance. She will get a trial and so should Snowden.

Kraichgauer wrote:
You guys on the right are at the very least excusing it.
As for Reality Winner: again, you guys embraced Snowden and Assange as long as they helped you against Obama and Clinton. But as soon as your Orange Messiah, and his boss in the Kremlin get the same treatment, you're up in arms.

What am I excusing? Did a hack happen? Sure, good chance Russia or just some other interested party. Was Trump involved? Doesn't appear so, no evidence of collusion.

The fact that Trump and company have been showing a whole lot of consciencness of guilt, especially with firing Colmy, speaks volumes that they are hiding something about this.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 7:56 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Why do you insist on put words in his mouth?

Kraichgauer wrote:
The fact that Trump and company have been showing a whole lot of consciencness of guilt, especially with firing Colmy, speaks volumes that they are hiding something about this.

Trump is not under investigation and that was made clear in Comey's opening statement today. The firing of Comey should have happened under Obama, but that never happened. Funny enough, most people never herd of Comey until recently.

Last edited by SH90 on 07 Jun 2017, 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 7:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Even if a 4 year old could hack Podesta's emails, that hardly means doing it was justifiable. That's like saying, a 4 year old could have broken into my apartment.

No one that I know of is saying it was justified based on its simplicity. What is being said, is the way the apartment was broken into was so simplistic (let's say a spare key was used) that anyone, even a 4 year old could have done it.

Still, it sounds as if the DNC is being blamed for getting hacked.

Well that wouldn't be saying the scam was excusable. It is though pointing out cause and effect. There was woeful negligence and ignorance when it came to security measures. They do therefore share part of the blame.

That's a ridiculous analogy.

This is more like an intelligent able minded grown man willingly handing the keys to his company's file room to a total stranger, when he should have known better.

Or a business that doesn't use a burglar alarm and leaves it's doors and windows unlocked and has a sign out front that says 'feel free to rob us'.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 8:11 pm

SH90 wrote:
Trump is not under investigation and that was made clear in Comey's opening statement today. The firing of Comey should have happened under Obama, but that never happened. Funny enough, most people never herd of Comey until recently.

People who have unrealistic hopes pinned on this are going to be disappointed with the outcome.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 8:22 pm

EzraS wrote:
SH90 wrote:

People who have unrealistic hopes pinned on this are going to be disappointed with the outcome.

This is my conclusion for most the media and the people who believe it.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 8:24 pm

SH90 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Why do you insist on put words in his mouth?

Kraichgauer wrote:

Trump being involved is very, very unlikely. That said firing Comey when he did was a foolish move if only because it raises questions as to why, and gives rise to things like conspiracy theories and the like-- an imaging problem he's going to have to deal with for a long time. It's like an unforced error in baseball. If Comey's the bumbling idiot both sides seem to think he is, Trump was better off with Comey in place as opposed to Mueller, who's an aggressive investigator and a boyscout by all measures. Along those lines, Trump would be wise to just get out of the conversation altogether and let his crisis team handle this, the less his name is combined with Russia investigation the better off he'll be. That's precisely what Bill Clinton did for 7 years and it worked magic for him, it could do the same for Trump if he had the discipline to stay on script.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 8:39 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
Trump would be wise to just get out of the conversation altogether and let his crisis team handle this, the less his name is combined with Russia investigation the better off he'll be. That's precisely what Bill Clinton did for 7 years and it worked magic for him, it could do the same for Trump if he had the discipline to stay on script.

This made me laugh. DJT has no measurable ability to stay out of conversations when he should.

The issue of Comey/Flynn revolves around obstruction of justice. If one of us asked a witness to a crime to let it go because the alleged criminal is a good guy, we would be obstructing justice. For a prosecutor's boss to ask a prosecutor the same is even worse, more like if we hinted we could get that witness fired from their job if they didn't let it go.

We actually need a Comey topic, and to let this one get back to Russian hacking. Here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=345462

With the prepared testimony in full. Save the endangered click, or something.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 10:27 pm

Apparently, The Intercept let the NSA examine the document, or a copy of it, and that helped them find the printer it came from. A serious lapse of judgement on the part of the reporters, although you couldn't ask the NSA to comment on it, and then refuse to show them what you have. A conundrum.

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/07/531956597 ... uilty-plea

Wikileaks is offering another reward. $10K for information leading to the public exposure and termination of the reporter.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/wikileaks- ... -intercept

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 7:56 am

Aristophanes wrote:
The DNC servers used SSL encryption, which eliminates any kind of header spoofing (same encryption this site uses).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security

If that works so well, then why does this site currently have 7 pages (approx 350 entries) of spam from the same spammer who's been spamming here for years?