Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 3:14 am

So I have a very odd problem. Most of my schedule is fine, but from exactly the hours of 6 AM to 9 AM, and from 8 PM to 2 AM, the time moves by blisteringly fast. I can look at the clock and time it and it doesn't keep up! It's extremely frustrating. I'm failing my courses because I have no time to get work done. By the time I finish writing down a sentence it's been 2 minutes. I just had to give up on my final project because I literally ran out of time, but I started it at 3 f*****g PM. This is ridiculous, it took me 12 hours and I have been working nonstop as fast as I can. My brain just CANNOT process time, at all!! !! !! !! ! I'm very frustrated.

This sounds like a troll question and I understand why you'd think that but I assure you it's not. In fact the ridiculousness of the way it sounds on it's own is what's bothering me the most, how stupid this really real and extremely annoying phenomenon actually is. I'd like any help I can get with this, it's gotten out of hand and I'm failing everything.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 9:25 pm

wrongcitizen wrote:
So I have a very odd problem. Most of my schedule is fine, but from exactly the hours of 6 AM to 9 AM, and from 8 PM to 2 AM, the time moves by blisteringly fast. I can look at the clock and time it and it doesn't keep up! It's extremely frustrating. I'm failing my courses because I have no time to get work done. By the time I finish writing down a sentence it's been 2 minutes. I just had to give up on my final project because I literally ran out of time, but I started it at 3 f*****g PM. This is ridiculous, it took me 12 hours and I have been working nonstop as fast as I can. My brain just CANNOT process time, at all!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I'm very frustrated.

This sounds like a troll question and I understand why you'd think that but I assure you it's not. In fact the ridiculousness of the way it sounds on it's own is what's bothering me the most, how stupid this really real and extremely annoying phenomenon actually is. I'd like any help I can get with this, it's gotten out of hand and I'm failing everything.

Perhaps you are having small seizures and are unaware of it. Some of them can be experienced as gaps in time.

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 4:19 am

Now that I read my hysterical post I kind of realize how badly I worded that, I could have done it so much better.

I will definitely check on that. I've been feeling weak and lost a lot of the time, as in depersonalized and sort of lost in a dream-like state. Do seizures affect any of that, like giving intense dreams or weird thoughts? I might be mixing it up for another disorder or medication side effect.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 4:22 pm

wrongcitizen wrote:
Now that I read my hysterical post I kind of realize how badly I worded that, I could have done it so much better.

I will definitely check on that. I've been feeling weak and lost a lot of the time, as in depersonalized and sort of lost in a dream-like state. Do seizures affect any of that, like giving intense dreams or weird thoughts? I might be mixing it up for another disorder or medication side effect.

They can, depending on the type.