Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 7:30 pm

I've suffered clinical depression since 2006 and I went through a ten year long vicious cycle that I have no idea how I survived it. I don't want to go through another or I will probably completely lose my mind or kill myself.

Why do I feel this way? I feel like I've fallen behind in life and nothing ever goes the way I want it to go. I still struggle socially, I don't have many friends and the number decreases every year, I don't have a girlfriend and I feel like I will be single until I die, I only work part time, I still live with my mother, and I dropped out of college.

The ten years I lived through felt like being in a Lovecraftian tale where the main character is already in a bad situation and things only get worse until he either goes completely insane or dies at the end. How do I get out of this?

RoyalBlood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2017, 4:00 pm

I have been clinically depressed since 1974 and I have to constantly adapt by medcine changes, life changes and other large and small adjustments. What I can tell you with certainty is that the strong desire to see what happens next has helped me make it through the hard times and that eventually I became much more proficient at riding the ups and downs and avoiding milieu that produced additional issues. I also began treatment for undiagnosed diabetes and thyroid disease which have an impact on pschy status.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 7:28 pm

I know this is cliche and hokey but trying to make the best the day you are in, the minute you are in helps. When I think of the "big picture" or "long term" is when I get mentally in trouble.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 9:29 pm

Marknis wrote:
I've suffered clinical depression since 2006 and I went through a ten year long vicious cycle that I have no idea how I survived it. I don't want to go through another or I will probably completely lose my mind or kill myself.

Why do I feel this way? I feel like I've fallen behind in life and nothing ever goes the way I want it to go. I still struggle socially, I don't have many friends and the number decreases every year, I don't have a girlfriend and I feel like I will be single until I die, I only work part time, I still live with my mother, and I dropped out of college.

The ten years I lived through felt like being in a Lovecraftian tale where the main character is already in a bad situation and things only get worse until he either goes completely insane or dies at the end. How do I get out of this?

You have to find a way that works for you.

Identify if it's the physical closeness of sex or a girlfriend that you want.

You realise where you are, most people don't, better yourself in some way.