Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 4:17 pm

I will usually refer to someone by their preferred pronouns with two exceptions.
1. The one that's start with Z, for the mere fact that I find it confusing and can't keep the words straight.

2. The person has given me a very big reason to doubt they are actually of the gender the claim or envision themselves to be.

For example there was a man on Youtube who identified as female and dressed as female, however it was discovered that this man was a registered sex offender and had forcefully penetrated/raped a child. I refuse to refer to this man using female pronouns and I do not perceive this man as female in any way. Certainly not all or even most males are rapists, but violently raping someone using one's male genitalia is as far from a female thing to do as someone can get, and my impression of this man was that he was an autogynophiliac.

I may refer to someone using their preferred pronouns, however that does not mean I perceive them as the gender of their preferred pronouns. They do have a burden of proof to meet in that they must evanesce the essence of their claimed gender.

There is also the component of gender that is acquired by living life being related to as that gender, and certain insights one gains being related to in a particular way. Most transgendered individuals lack this at first, however it can be acquired. Caitlyn Jenner is a good example of this. I have no problem referring to Caitlyn Jenner as female, as to me she does seem very female gendered and always has, however she has made comments which reflect a lack of insight of experiencing life being related to as a female, though she acknowledges this and is learning.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 4:31 pm

Chronos wrote:
I may refer to someone using their preferred pronouns, however that does not mean I perceive them as the gender of their preferred pronouns. They do have a burden of proof to meet in that they must evanesce the essence of their claimed gender.

Isn't that the essence of the the premise? Nobody should thought police, nobody can force their identity on others.

People are free to perceive other's identity how they want.

Trans people wouldn't be called trans if there it wasn't difference. It refers to transition. Plenty of trans people agree with this, and don't agree with the idea of parity of gender identity and sex, nor the absurd position that some hold that biological sex is a social construct.

Examples:

Here is the source videos

Here is the same individual trying to guilt people for having sexual preferences.

the criticism