Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 8:27 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
A solid wall across the border would prevent movement of wildlife species that move across that area, I wonder how that might effect the ecosystem...

Trump's sons might have a "humane" solution for the critters
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ani ... 50602c72e7

Well based on that I hope they get ripped to shreds by an animal someday...can't help it.

We have a pretty good discussion on it in PPR. Those animals are giving to the communities for food and the income raised, is very good for the economy in Africa. You should read it and join in.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 12:00 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
A solid wall across the border would prevent movement of wildlife species that move across that area, I wonder how that might effect the ecosystem...

Anything, on the ground, in the desert, is going to be a scavenger. It browses on scrub brush, or lives in burrows, imo.

Those, on two legs, have open air sewers and leave debris piles. They drench their lawns, during drought advisories, and use chemical pesticides and fertilizers, sadistically. Maybe, a wall is good for the environment.

But, just joking. That is a facetious argument. Don't believe anything I say.

Fogman wrote:
As I said a few months ago, I really doubt that the 'Great Wall Of Mexico' will do nything other than make money for the companies building the thing at taxpayer expense.

Solar panels on the wall you say? Firearms will render then useless, for that matter, slingshots will probably render them useless as well. How are you going to keep sensors powered on remote locations of the wall if somebody is taking them out from the Mexican side?

Keynesian militarism would be used to defend the Keynesian infrastructure / Ponzi scheme. This will require energy, farming, and mining subsidies -- for "trusted" people. :wink:

I imagine a wall, between states. People don't like Californians, or so I have read. If there was a wall, to keep me out, in spite of our food deserts, failing job market, high crime, and crooked politics, it doesn't seem like I should be the gate crasher, then fly the Californian flag in some kind of pride march -- like some early explorer, who plants the flag, so has claimed new territory.

Mexico's answer, to being unwanted, is to annex your land, by demographic displacement and brute force, if necessary. They demand tribute.