Trump nominates Christopher A. Wray, for Director of the FBI

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 10:35 am

Christopher A. Wray for FBI Director.

Later Career: After his service at the Department, Mr. Wray returned to private practice, specializing in white collar and internal investigations.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 11:48 am

I'm waiting for all the complaints and conspiracy theories that are sure to follow.

Edit: No need to wait. According to the retweets it was announced today as a distraction because Comey is testifying tomorrow and Trump definitely going down, he's toast, hasta la vista baby. I wonder what will be the next certainty of him losing his job after this one doesn't pan out.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 12:31 pm

Unrelated, but somewhat related... :lol:

DevilInPgh
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jun 2017, 3:26 pm

EzraS wrote:
I'm waiting for all the complaints and conspiracy theories that are sure to follow.

Edit: No need to wait. According to the retweets it was announced today as a distraction because Comey is testifying tomorrow and Trump definitely going down, he's toast, hasta la vista baby. I wonder what will be the next certainty of him losing his job after this one doesn't pan out.

You're also forgetting the inconvenient fact that he is Chris Christie's lawyer (yes, Chris Christie, a man who should by all accounts be in prison right now). A little political cronyism, maybe?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 4:04 pm

I don't understand why he is supposed to be a sort-of hidden hand, yet we are to know his name and about internal disputes. Either, you should be altruistic and expect to never know about this person, or there should never be an office, in which an unaccountable person is given absolute power. Leveling with me, about this, assumes that I am moral free agent, and have a say in the matter.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Jun 2017, 4:14 pm

It doesn't matter who Trump nominates, the same people will say the same things regardless of any facts. There is no reason to oppose Wray's nomination, he's not a politician like some people expect to be picked.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 4:34 pm

DevilInPgh wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You're also forgetting the inconvenient fact that he is Chris Christie's lawyer (yes, Chris Christie, a man who should by all accounts be in prison right now). A little political cronyism, maybe?

Chris Christie was never charged. Wray represented him, because that was his job. Doesn't make Wray a bad person or any other lawyer that represents a less then popular client...