Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 11:43 am

I if was in Comey's position and Trump did what Comey said he did there is no way I would interperet it any other way then if I did not stop the investigation I am fired.

This is a he said, he said situation at this point and there are plausable reasons to believe Comey is doing a hatchet job. That said Trump doing what Comey said he did is wholly consistent with Trump's persona and proffessional background.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 12:17 pm

No reasonable person could simultaneously believe all the statements coming from the WH and DJT, since they contradict each other. We're then left with a he said, he said. However, one party has been consistent and the other has not.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 1:58 pm

I guess I understand McCain's line of questioning now. He had a high bar to clear if he wanted to connect the Clinton campaign with Russian hackers in anything other than an adversarial sense. I have since learned about that talking point.

Most people have enough perceptiveness to understand their own mistakes when a criminal breaches their weak security. Frequently, they only understand why they need to take certain security precautions after they become a victim of a crime. None of this excuses the criminals, or makes the victim in collusion with them.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

11 Jun 2017, 2:38 pm

McCain's point about there being a double standard makes sense when you remove his weird old man rambling. How Comey handled and downplayed the Clinton investigation compared to what he's done with non-investigation of Trump is clear as day, if routine meetings between US Senators and the incoming administration are considered so troublesome that they warrant investigation then what about the tarmac meeting between Bill Clinton & Loretta Lynch?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 2:47 pm

I wouldn't automatically assume wrongdoing in either case. Bill and Lynch each suffered damage to their reputations from that incident, but no one has alleged any wrongdoing. I don't like the appearance of impropriety, though. It probably soured people on the Clinton campaign by providing fuel for the idea of a corrupt cabal in her family.

Bill was no longer the boss of anyone, though. Trump was. Big difference.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 2:58 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
I wouldn't automatically assume wrongdoing in either case. Bill and Lynch each suffered damage to their reputations from that incident, but no one has alleged any wrongdoing. I don't like the appearance of impropriety, though. It probably soured people on the Clinton campaign by providing fuel for the idea of a corrupt cabal in her family.

Bill was no longer the boss of anyone, though. Trump was. Big difference.

I would of hated to be Bill that night when Hillary found out about that meeting. The only reason that we even know about it is because some local reporter here in Phoenix saw it so I really really doubt they were discussing golf/grandkids like they said. Talk about obstruction of justice, what do you think the former president whose wife is running for president while being investigated was talking about with the Attorney General? Many people have been put in prison for less but the Clinton's are too important and above the law, if the Clinton's got taken down they'd take half of Washington with them too.

Trump actually had the power to stop the investigation and pardon Flynn whenever he wanted as is his authority as the president so the idea that he was obstructing justice and was demanding Comey do what he says or else is a total fiction. Comey is the weirdo that kept he said-she said memos to use to blackmail the president later and admitted to being one of the leakers himself.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 3:51 pm

You would feel satisfied if Trump preemptively pardoned Flynn?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 5:43 pm

I don't think Flynn did anything wrong in regards to the Russia investigation; I feel like he was a victim of deep state saboteurs that illegally spied on him and misrepresented a routine meeting as something insidious when he was just doing his job so no I wouldn't have a problem with Trump preemptively pardoning him. I liked Flynn and thought he brought a new perspective in terms of military, intelligence, and foreign policy compared to your typical neoconservatives. Flynn was big on cooperating with Russia to crush ISIS and to achieve peace in Syria, instead the war rages on and more & more people are killed. Flynn took the threat that ISIS posed seriously here and abroid, he didn't consider them the JV team. The Caliphate cannot be allowed to exist, it is a rallying point for Jihadist around the planet and you can see evidence of this right now in the Philippines.

Every time the FBI or these 'intelligence' agencies have been asked to provide proof or documentation of any wrongdoing they never do and when pressed admit there isn't any but basically they hope and pray in the future that they do. It's the definition of a witch hunt, they're going after a political opponent over nothing specific desperately looking for any passing link to justify what they're doing.

Also speak of the devil, Dianne Feinstein thinks there needs to be an investigation into former AG Loretta Lynch for possible obstruction.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/1 ... ils-239391

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2017, 6:29 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I don't think Flynn did anything wrong in regards to the Russia investigation; I feel like he was a victim of deep state saboteurs that illegally spied on him and misrepresented a routine meeting as something insidious when he was just doing his job so no I wouldn't have a problem with Trump preemptively pardoning him. I liked Flynn and thought he brought a new perspective...

You're too funny. :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 7:03 pm

StinkyDog wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
I don't think Flynn did anything wrong in regards to the Russia investigation; I feel like he was a victim of deep state saboteurs that illegally spied on him and misrepresented a routine meeting as something insidious when he was just doing his job so no I wouldn't have a problem with Trump preemptively pardoning him. I liked Flynn and thought he brought a new perspective...

You're too funny. :lol:

Just to let you know I'm still working on getting Jacoby banned for being a Russian government infiltrator.

I'm expecting you to do likewise.

Last edited by EzraS on 11 Jun 2017, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 7:14 pm

If people have obligations as big as Flynn had as a general, then they get a thorough briefing on how to behave after retirement. He did not want to disclose his foreign entanglements. He had a chance to correct the record, and did not do so. I don't care what government he worked for, he had to disclose it. He did not initially, nor when he had a chance to correct the record. The money was too good, and the transactions too recent to claim ignorance. No one forgets a multi hundred thousand dollar payday that readily.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 7:46 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
If people have obligations as big as Flynn had as a general, then they get a thorough briefing on how to behave after retirement. He did not want to disclose his foreign entanglements. He had a chance to correct the record, and did not do so. I don't care what government he worked for, he had to disclose it. He did not initially, nor when he had a chance to correct the record. The money was too good, and the transactions too recent to claim ignorance. No one forgets a multi hundred thousand dollar payday that readily.

Lobbying money from Turkey is a separate issue from Russia, Turkey like it or not is a NATO ally so demonizing a relationship with them is demonizing NATO. Like I said, what happened to innocent until proven guilty? I think Flynn was unfairly fired as National Security Adviser, they haven't charged him with anything or found any evidence of illicit activities. Just the insinuation that he's up to no good with Russia because he met the Russian ambassador and appeared on RT is just crazy talk to me. If he's guilty of something illegal then I just want it proven before he's tarred and feathered. Remember Schumer bragging that the intelligence agencies can get back at Trump '6 ways to Sunday' for his disrespect as if they deserve any. The idea that there is a deep state is far more concerning than Russia preferring Trump over Hillary.

Flynn made a lot of enemies in the 'intelligence community', me thinks the intelligence community is too large and powerful. 19 different agencies? Really? One of the last things Obama did was make it so NSA data was accessible to other intelligence agencies which is the reason why there have leaks ever since.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2017, 8:23 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Lobbying money from Turkey is a separate issue from Russia, Turkey like it or not is a NATO ally so demonizing a relationship with them is demonizing NATO.

No it isn't.

Jacoby wrote:
Like I said, what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

He is obviously guilty. You don't offer to testify in exchange for immunity from prosecution unless you are guilty, and know that you don't have a defense.

Jacoby wrote:
I think Flynn was unfairly fired as National Security Adviser, they haven't charged him with anything or found any evidence of illicit activities.

Life isn't fair. As with the head of the FBI, the National Security Adviser serves at the pleasure of the President, who may fire him at will.

Jacoby wrote:
Just the insinuation that he's up to no good with Russia because he met the Russian ambassador and appeared on RT is just crazy talk to me.

Of course.

Jacoby wrote:
The idea that there is a deep state is far more concerning than Russia preferring Trump over Hillary.

RT promotes this "deep state" nonsense, so, of course, you are obliged to express a high level of concern over it.

Jacoby wrote:
Flynn made a lot of enemies in the 'intelligence community', me thinks the intelligence community is too large and powerful. 19 different agencies? Really?

Shall we simply replace them all with the KGB?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 8:39 pm

There is nothing to promote when they openly brag about what they're doing, pretending as if that's just a conspiracy isn't applicable anymore since we know they exist and what they do. They haven't proven absolutely 1 thing in all their accusations, they are basically attempted coupists who want to make disagreeing with them into a crime. You can't claim to be so concerned about democracy when you support the deep state and it's illegal actions. The president is the commander in chief, it is his right to set the foreign policy of this country not rogue intelligence agents. You scream about Putin and the KGB but you literally support the American version of the KGB ruling the country.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2017, 8:47 pm

You're so silly.