News and Current Events Topic Deletion

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 3:56 pm

I would like to know why a thread I posted in News and Current events was deleted? It was in no way a violation of CoC or was I informed of reason by the unknown moderator who deleted my discussion topic.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 9:07 pm

SH90 wrote:
I would like to know why a thread I posted in News and Current events was deleted? It was in no way a violation of CoC or was I informed of reason by the unknown moderator who deleted my discussion topic.

Since I replied to that thread I am also curious as to way it disappeared without notice.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 12:53 pm

Going on 96 hours without a response. If I violated some sort of obscured rule. That's something I need to know. The deletion and avoidance gives a bad impression on the site's moderators.

It gives the impression this website is against America, history, and/or soldiers.

alex
Developer
Developer

12 Jun 2017, 4:41 pm

I am not sure as I was not the one who removed it. Maybe it was removed for trolling?

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 5:06 pm

alex wrote:
I am not sure as I was not the one who removed it. Maybe it was removed for trolling?

That would be a stretch, same with construing it as "racist". The topic of discussion was on President Trump remembering our fallen heroes on D-Day, a significant historical event. Yet Sanders and Hillary did not, only choosing to honor religion; instead of our fallen heroes, or both.

I also find implying I am racist, very insulting.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 9:57 am

I saw this last night on another forum and thought about this forum :lol:

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 10:43 am

I've seen this happen in threads in political and news where I've posted in.
Same "non response" response by moderators.
It's the equivalent of silent censorship. Almost every mod here and the site founder has made it clear they are anti Trump. They're entitled to hold that stance but considering this is supposed to be a welcoming place for Aspies I don't get how censoring them and then gaslighting them is in any shape of form beneficial.

Seriously, the site founder presuming the thread was trolling before even knowing in detail the content of it?

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 10:24 pm

SH90 wrote:
alex wrote:

That would be a stretch, same with construing it as "racist". The topic of discussion was on President Trump remembering our fallen heroes on D-Day, a significant historical event.
I also find implying I am racist, very insulting.

There are comon inflammatory comments being posted across the board, clearly some mod felt the need to remove it because it messes up religious ties with the rest of the world, aka London terrorist attacks here in the U.K.

It was stated that if more Trump threads, good or bad in taste get posted from now on, it will be cut short to topical debates and not sole religious events. Thats probably been moved now as well.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Jun 2017, 6:26 am

I don't know who removed this, and I can't say for certain why they did it.

I suspect it was removed because it appears to be a fairly straightforward case of trolling. The time stamps on the Tweets are manipulated to make it look like Clinton tweeted about Ramadan on the anniversary of D-Day (6th June) rather than on the day Ramadan began (5th June). That's what she actually did. It also omits the Tweet she sent on 6th June about honouring those who died on D-Day.

Perhaps the better response would have been to leave a comment explaining that the image is deliberately misleading, but this does seem like an attempt to rile people up rather than start conversation. In that situation, locking or deleting the thread could be justified.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 1:58 pm

The_Walrus wrote:

I suspect it was removed because it appears to be a fairly straightforward case of trolling. The time stamps on the Tweets are manipulated to make it look like Clinton tweeted about Ramadan on the anniversary of D-Day (6th June) rather than on the day Ramadan began (5th June).

It seems like you're implying I manipulated the tweets. There was no manipulation of the tweets times stamps; it's based on the viewers time zone... I am not a twitter user, but even I can recognize that.

The_Walrus wrote:
That's what she actually did. It also omits the Tweet she sent on 6th June about honouring those who died on D-Day.

Perhaps the better response would have been to leave a comment explaining that the image is deliberately misleading, but this does seem like an attempt to rile people up rather than start conversation. In that situation, locking or deleting the thread could be justified.

I admired that you done some searching on your own. But not all of us use social media. So if it's not pinned to their wall, we don't see it. But I am glad you linked Clinton's D-Day tweet, I have not personally seen it (the responses are more interesting then her actual tweet)... I would have respected whom ever would have posted your response for discussion. Instead, the forum's staff chooses to label the discussion as trolling or even racist; or any pro Trump post for that matter. It creates an incredibly biased forum and I am not the only who notices that.

But since the moderators (and developer) keeps saying I am "troll". I find it really interesting how the moderators encourages the obvious anti Trump troll.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jun 2017, 7:30 am

SH90 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

I suspect it was removed because it appears to be a fairly straightforward case of trolling. The time stamps on the Tweets are manipulated to make it look like Clinton tweeted about Ramadan on the anniversary of D-Day (6th June) rather than on the day Ramadan began (5th June).

It seems like you're implying I manipulated the tweets. There was no manipulation of the tweets times stamps; it's based on the viewers time zone... I am not a twitter user, but even I can recognize that.

I'm not implying that you manipulated the Tweets. I am implying that whoever created the screenshot probably adjusted their computer clock to make it look like Clinton and Sanders sent Tweets on a different day.

SH90 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
That's what she actually did. It also omits the Tweet she sent on 6th June about honouring those who died on D-Day.

I admired that you done some searching on your own. But not all of us use social media. So if it's not pinned to their wall, we don't see it. But I am glad you linked Clinton's D-Day tweet, I have not personally seen it (the responses are more interesting then her actual tweet)... I would have respected whom ever would have posted your response for discussion. Instead, the forum's staff chooses to label the discussion as trolling or even racist; or any pro Trump post for that matter. It creates an incredibly biased forum and I am not the only who notices that.

We get more complaints about the forum being biased towards Trump. The site now has a bit of a reputation on the internet as being overly pro-Trump. We are very careful not to seem too harsh on Trump supporters and if anything I think we usually over-compensate.

I think it's quite difficult to have a generous interpretation of someone posting year-old Tweets as "current events" without bothering to fact check them. Thinking about it, I'm guessing that's why the post was removed - it is neither news nor a current event. Certainly nobody labelled the discussion as racist.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Jun 2017, 8:05 am

So that's why you allowed obvious sock puppet anti-Trump trolls and lock up legitimate discussions? Need more of those 0 reply threads with some Youtube spread from the central talking point station.

I like how the mods here always throw up their hands and never admit to them being the person that did something.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 9:04 am

The_Walrus wrote:
I'm not implying that you manipulated the Tweets. I am implying that whoever created the screenshot probably adjusted their computer clock to make it look like Clinton and Sanders sent Tweets on a different day.

That's not how time stamps work on Twitter or any website...

The_Walrus wrote:
We get more complaints about the forum being biased towards Trump. The site now has a bit of a reputation on the internet as being overly pro-Trump. We are very careful not to seem too harsh on Trump supporters and if anything I think we usually over-compensate.

Biased towards Trump? That's news to me. For the most part, the Trump discussions are contained within two sections and it's most certainly not biased towards Trump... Alex, the site owner has publicly stated he is anti-Trump.

The_Walrus wrote:
I think it's quite difficult to have a generous interpretation of someone posting year-old Tweets as "current events" without bothering to fact check them. Thinking about it, I'm guessing that's why the post was removed - it is neither news nor a current event.
What "year-old Tweets"? I don't post Tweets and this is probably the first time I posted something Twitter related. Those tweets at the time of the original topic was very current... But it sounds like there is a reasonable discussion that could have been had in the original topic. By the way, I did confirm the Tweets existed before posting. But unless it's pinned (important), I can't confirm much as a non user. So if I don't know it exist, I can't confirm much beyond the information I have or what's important to that account holder... Again, clearly a valid discussion could have been had within the original topic.

The_Walrus wrote:
Certainly nobody labelled the discussion as racist.

Not publicly, no they did not.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 2:02 pm

Jacoby wrote:
So that's why you allowed obvious sock puppet anti-Trump trolls and lock up legitimate discussions? Need more of those 0 reply threads with some Youtube spread from the central talking point station.

I like how the mods here always throw up their hands and never admit to them being the person that did something.

For some reason, I am reminded of William Freund...