Question About Using Forums (New Member)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Camper1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jun 2017, 9:56 pm

We’ve just joined the forums and would like to ask a question in the main forum but wanted to check here first if it’s ok. Our daughter doesn’t have autism or any other special needs, and we don’t want to use the forums for something they’re not meant for. It’s only because we think our situation would be better understood and answered by parents/carers within the special needs community.

Would it please be ok to post the question even though it’s not about someone with autism, or related issues? We completely understand if not.

Thank you very much for any help.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 1:56 am

There is this section for other physological conditions

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Camper1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jun 2017, 9:21 am

Thanks a lot for the reply - sorry to be repetitive or if we're misunderstanding, but is it ok to post there? That forum seems to be for psychological conditions, but our daughter doesn't have any special needs.

Sorry if we're misunderstanding, thanks so much again.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 10:13 am

It is hard to answer if we do not know what your need is. Are one or both of you on the Autism Spectrum or do you suspect one or both of you are on the autism spectrum?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 12:26 pm

Camper1 wrote:
We’ve just joined the forums and would like to ask a question in the main forum but wanted to check here first if it’s ok. Our daughter doesn’t have autism or any other special needs, and we don’t want to use the forums for something they’re not meant for. It’s only because we think our situation would be better understood and answered by parents/carers within the special needs community.

Would it please be ok to post the question even though it’s not about someone with autism, or related issues? We completely understand if not.

Thank you very much for any help.

You can try asking in the Parent's Discussion to see if they can help you there. There is no specific rule on the forum that says that you can't post here if your situation with your child isn't specifically autism or special needs related but we need to know what the issue is to see if we can help you.