Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:17 pm

IstominFan wrote:
Yes. People say I'm too hard on myself. I feel I have to do things absolutely perfectly in order to catch up on life experiences I missed when I was younger.

something like that. quite frankly sometimes i feel like i will never catch up on life that i missed when i was younger. furthermore, if things continue the way they are, then i will fall further and further behind.

even if i were perfect, that still continues to be true.

and it takes way too much energy to be perfect.

so why bother altogheter?

that's what i think about when i don't bother to even apply for jobs. it's like - how many jobs contacted me back? how many invited me for an interview?

how many hired me? several

of the ones that hired me how many did not fire me? not many

:twisted:

so why bother?

maybe it would be more financially profitable to just panhandle more often.

considering violating the Stolen Valor Act. by obtaining a military uniform and panhandling while wearing it.

panhandling

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 3:04 pm

I struggle with perfectionism when I try to draw something, it's the worst! D:

Rwilliams16
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Sep 2017, 6:51 pm

Oh how this sounds like me.. 100%. I am an obsessive perfectionist and it's either all or nothing with me. Recently, my obsession is proving mine and my family's ASD. I know that it doesn't really matter but I can't shake it due to my OCPD. I'm obsessing over a diagnosis as if its going to make me or break me but its really just for the confirmation. I always need confirmation of my observations. Not to rub it in anyones face but it helps to keep me from feeling like a total nutt job (confirmation of everything that is). When I am employed, I obsess over my work, my coworkers work, my bosses work and anything that isn't perfect.... it's soooo time consuming and draining but I can't help it. 8O

Blomquist
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Oct 2017, 2:38 pm

I have some perfectionism issues that relates to knowledge as well as more concrete stuff. The person that diagnosed me with Aspergers also concluded that I did not have OCD. This was based on things I told her, but I'm not sure if I was able to communicate clearly to her the kind of issues I was having.

I've had a project lately of learning more about programming in JavaScript. I planned to do a tutorial, but the site also had tutorials on HTML and CSS. I had programmed quite a bit in those languages, but decided that there might be some new information there so I did those first.

A problem was that the tutorial makers had made a tutorial that did not function properly in Firefox, and I was using Firefox. I searched for solutions every time one of these issues came up, and every single solution I found told me to download a different web browser (except in a couple of cases where the error was in my own code).

My problem is not that I'm incapable of downloading a different browser, but I hate the idea of being educated in CS and not understanding why the code does not work in Firefox. It might even be some internal code that the tutorial makers use that is causing the issues, and it's not certain that I would be able to access that code to understand what the issue is.

After having worked with those tutorials for about a week, I succumbed (or succeeded?) and downloaded chrome. I had been able to get that far through "cheating", but it became apparent that the issues had a major effect on how content was displayed so I could not continue by trying to force an approach that would work on firefox.

I'm thinking that I should probably get these things (thought processes) sorted out somehow, since they might prevent me from having a career/job.