Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jack184
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jun 2017, 9:23 am

Okay. So someone told me a few days ago that I'm always getting in other people's space. Obviously I'm completely unaware of this, but I'm assuming that it's not helping my social situation, in which I barely have any friends. Do any of you have this same thing? Any tips on how not to cross invisible boundaries?

Thanks for any help,
Jack

danieldoesnotexist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jun 2017, 4:29 am

That person seems like a bit of a dick. As long as you aren't physically pushing yourself on people you are fine. If this is just one guy saying it then you shouldn't worry about it. If everybody you know says this to you, then you probably wanna work on keeping to yourself.
Even if you had a bad problem with invading personal space, it wouldn't effect the amount of friends you have. People in general have no concept of personal space, always shoving their phones in your face and stuff.
I have the opposite problem, I hate it when people get up close to me unannounced.

wtf

Laki
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Aug 2017, 4:19 pm

Agree, he's a dick. But, talking as a person who likes big personal space, you should not feel the other persons breath. Had a classmate who used to sit a bit too close and it really is nothing pleasurable. But like too much close, sometimes even touching, his breathing in your ear, ew! And he was a dick, too. So, I guess, arm lenght away from people? But every person's different...