Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jun 2017, 7:10 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
One thing that really bugs me about the alt right is that they seem to think all liberals are SJWs.

Most liberals are probably just normal people, not SJWs. The alt right acts like every single liberal is Trigglypuff.

This post has me TRIGGERED!
(Lolz)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 8:20 am

I get that SJWs are an actual "thing". The term is not just an epithet hurled by bigots at normal folks who happened to disagree with the said bigots about their bigotry. And that there are folks who go to extremes the other way and become "anti bigot bigots". Folks who use absurd terms like "cultural appropriation" are a good example of that. Or that funny guy who used to be on WP, who started that thread about how indignant he was at the "hypocrisy" of society for allowing LandO'Lakes to have that Indian maiden on their products (as if she were as a bad a racial stereotype as Steppinfetchit).

But I don't see how these folks who might be called SJW are any kind of overwhelming force that needs to be fought at all costs.

Don't see the need to constantly post about them either.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 9:10 am

XMildpetrichorX wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Except the SJWs aren't being bullied, they are the bullies, and all this hubbub is the result of people being fed up with them and fighting back. Oh, and nice portrayal of online autistics as pent-up, immature and frustrated trolls just out to victimize someone to feel powerful. Because that makes more sense than them actually having a point, right?

I don't think that I ever said that I didn't think they had/have a point. I am not a fan of the SJW. And I am sorry but a lot of people on the spectrum are frustrated and " pent-up" from not being understood a lot, that is why places like WP exist right. And I have read many a time by Aspies themselves that they mature at a much slower rate socially. I don't think what I said is completely unfounded nor was it meant in a negative manner and merely an observation that I am allowed to have. And I also didn't say all Aspies ever to exist ever , I said some.

All that may be true. My issue was more the rather uncharitable suggestion that SJWs are the poor victims of online autistic bullies because they "make themsleves an easy target". Yes they do. By being bullies. Mocking and resisting bullies does not make oneself a bully.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 10:01 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
SJWs ... "make themsleves an easy target." Yes they do. By being bullies. Mocking and resisting bullies does not make oneself a bully.

This. Mockery and resistance are highly appropriate responses to their bullying and thuggery.

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 10:47 am

Aaendi wrote:
Well I guess that's a good thing if people are finally starting to fight against SJWs instead of letting them multiply.

I agree with the but would reword it. The anti free speech, language policing phenomina via bullying must be fought. They are an anathema to core American values and are a legimimate threat. This mentality has taken hold in prestigous universities where the next leaders are. It has also infected some leading cooperations who are caving in or agree with things the SJW's want. If you disagree your employers decision to boycott a state while you have the legal right to publiclly disagree you would be really stupid to do so.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 21 Jun 2017, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 10:57 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
One thing that really bugs me about the alt right is that they seem to think all liberals are SJWs.

Most liberals are probably just normal people, not SJWs. The alt right acts like every single liberal is Trigglypuff.

Unfortunatly way too often political correctness and SJW has been used to invalidate all views center to left. This distracts from the real threat posed by these phenomina. This must be fought also, especially at this time when such leading progressive figures such as Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are speaking out against what has been going on.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jun 2017, 11:42 am

There is power in words and labels even tho they are meaningless, "SJW" is just another incarnation of it. When extremes become so large and they so diametrically oppose each other then there is no middle to be maintained, either your with us or you're with them. The problem isn't the words but where they come from, derived from Marxism which is being taught these kids at university by people who are collecting our tax money + the money all the kids will never have because of some useless degree in Applied Marxism. You have to look at actions not words or what they claim is their noble cause, what do they actually do? What ideology do you think the people these Marxist professors unleashed on the world follow? Useful idiots aren't that stupid so you have to switch the terms around from time to time and soften things here & there.

Identity politics is a dangerous thing, you can't just dabble in it because it becomes all consuming. SJWs have mobilized their hatred and racism towards 'cis straight white males' stupid as that may be, pissing off the biggest most powerful demographic in the country is not a way to keep the country together in one piece even if it wins you a couple more seats in an increasingly Balkanized country.

Democrats need to purge their party of not only corruption but also these extremists but I don't see that happening as the party really is rotten to the core will no redeeming qualities. Maybe the corrupt will purge the extremists or the extremists will purge the corrupt, neither are good outcomes but at least the corrupt wouldn't force a confrontation between two radicalized sides because if you haven't chosen a side yet you will be forced to in the future.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 4:36 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I find anti-SJWs to be so hypocritical. They complain about SJWs being conformist. Try questioning a group of anti-SJWs on the internal and you'll find that they themselves are extremely conformist.

Anti-SJWs accuse SJWs of narrative based thinking while they engage in narrative based thinking themselves. Some anti-SJWs accuse SJWs of self-victimising as they make themselves into victims.

Their claim that men are being silenced becomes harder to believe the louder they get.

They say women aren't being silenced because they're free to say what they want. It that's true then men aren't being silenced for the same reason.

It seems like the more extreme anti-SJWs are turning into male, right wing SJWs.

I believe the correct term is Social Injustice Warriors. :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 4:43 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
Because this is how they think:

-I have a guy friend
-He seems like a nice guy
-He asked me to go see a movie with him
-OH NO!! ! ! THAT MEANS HE WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH ME!! !
-BUT I DON'T WANT TO HAVE SEX!! !
-HOW DARE THAT HE WANTS SEX WHEN I DON'T!!
-HE MUST BE A MISOGYNIST WHO FEELS ENTITLED TO A WOMAN'S BODY!! !
-I KNOW THIS BECAUSE ALL NICE GUYS JUST WANT TO GET LAID AND DON'T WANT TO DO OTHER FUN STUFF LIKE GOING TO MOVIES!
-I KNOW BECAUSE TUMBLR SAYD SO AND I BELIEVE EVERYTHING I READ ON IT!! !

-YOU'RE FRIENDZONED!! !
-YOU'RE A MISOGYNIST FOR GETTING PUT INTO THE FRIENDZONE!! !
-GETTING PUT INTO THE FRIENDZONE IS ALL ABOUT ENTITLEMENT!! !
-WOMEN ARE THE REAL VICTIMS OF THE FRIENDZONE BECAUSE THE FRIENDZONE IS NOT REAL!! !

What a winning personality! I don't understand why your lady "friends" wouldn't want to spend time with you........ :lol:

An odd contrast I'm seeing is that all my most outspoken liberal activist friends (the so-called SJWs) are married/engaged or in long term relationships despite most being very socially awkward and nerdy. Must be a conspiracy.......

It's just a conspiracy to crush poor, picked-on "alpha males" who normally would be overwhelmed by interest from the womens if not for SJWs tricking them into finding self-proclaimed "alpha men" to be creepy, awkward and unappealing. See, it's all everyone else's fault and it couldn't possibly be that some people just happen to have personalities that repulse any potential romantic interest.

But what do I know? I'm just a fat, underemployed awkward nerd who's pretty much been involved in a romantic relationship of some sort for the entirety of my adult life. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 5:10 pm

SJWs and the alt-right are both ultra-conformist and conformity is bad news for us aspies because it can be either difficult or impossible for us to conform to their increasingly narrow demands.

Jacoby wrote:
SJWs have mobilized their hatred and racism towards 'cis straight white males'...
That's not the only group they're racist towards. SJWs can be very patronising and paternalistic towards ethnic minorities. This new racism from the largely white middle-class SJWs is very similar to the 'white man's burden' of the late 19th century.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 5:16 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
SJWs and the alt-right are both ultra-conformist and conformity is bad news for us aspies because it can be either difficult or impossible for us to conform to their increasingly narrow demands.
Jacoby wrote:
SJWs have mobilized their hatred and racism towards 'cis straight white males'...
That's not the only group they're racist towards. SJWs can be very patronising and paternalistic towards ethnic minorities. This new racism from the largely white middle-class SJWs is very similar to the 'white man's burden' of the late 19th century.

A chunk of white liberals definitely like minority voters more for their numbers than their ideas or voices.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Jun 2017, 10:24 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Yeah and take a look at what they say about minorities that don't toe the Democratic progressive line. Democrats are hypocrites about everything or too stupid to know they're being herded around like cattle.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jun 2017, 6:52 pm

Quote:
See, it's all everyone else's fault and it couldn't possibly be that some people just happen to have personalities that repulse any potential romantic interest.

Here's the thing. You SJWs don't care about personalities, and simply just make excuses when you can't find a reason not to continuously bully me.

Plus, you've just proved my point in that all SJWs just use the whole "you just want to get laid, so what you say doesn't matter" BS because you know, you have no valid argument. You know, if you really think I'm lying when I say I don't want to bang ugly ass SJWs, then go ahead and give me a lie detector test and see for yourself that I don't want to bang ugly ass SJWs.

Plus, how the f**k do you expect me to respond to "you're a misogynist who is just pretending to be nice just for sex"? Of course I'm going to strongly disagree. I'm not going to say "Yeah, I'm totally going to rape you right now", and then get arrested for saying it.

One last thing. I've gotten out of the friend zone twice, so PWNED!! ! The trick is to not be friends with an SJW.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 8:49 pm

Aaendi wrote:
Quote:
See, it's all everyone else's fault and it couldn't possibly be that some people just happen to have personalities that repulse any potential romantic interest.

Here's the thing. You SJWs don't care about personalities, and simply just make excuses when you can't find a reason not to continuously bully me.

Plus, you've just proved my point in that all SJWs just use the whole "you just want to get laid, so what you say doesn't matter" BS because you know, you have no valid argument. You know, if you really think I'm lying when I say I don't want to bang ugly ass SJWs, then go ahead and give me a lie detector test and see for yourself that I don't want to bang ugly ass SJWs.

Plus, how the f**k do you expect me to respond to "you're a misogynist who is just pretending to be nice just for sex"? Of course I'm going to strongly disagree. I'm not going to say "Yeah, I'm totally going to rape you right now", and then get arrested for saying it.

One last thing. I've gotten out of the friend zone twice, so PWNED!! ! The trick is to not be friends with an SJW.

I disagreed with you, if that's how you define continuously bullying life is going to bully you constantly because you're always going to face disagreement. Further, you seem quick to jump to the 'everyone thinks I'm a potential rapist' conclusion - no one's suggested any such thing until you chose to.

You're right though, we don't care about personalities and it's all a vast conspiracy to ensure you spend life alone. That's the only reason people don't conform to your exact wishes - and has nothing to do with them having their own ambitions and desires.

I wish you the best of luck in future attempts and may you learn from previous experiences to improve your chances of success going forward. Image

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 8:30 am

Jacoby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Yeah and take a look at what they say about minorities that don't toe the Democratic progressive line. Democrats are hypocrites about everything or too stupid to know they're being herded around like cattle.
They sure are hypocrites. Just like the Republicans are hypocrites. They talk about the value of individuality while being conformists. Any faction has conformity or else they wouldn't be a faction.